Sunday, November 26, 2006

Dismayed, Defeated and Disgruntled

Dismayed: Someone slashed my husband's truck tires Last Tuesday evening. They got the two driver side tires. Wednesday night they came back and got the other two and my front driver's side tire and my daughters front passenger tire. Why do people do these things? Last year vandals went down and keyed cars...they actually wrote words in the car that described the people that lived in the houses so it was defintely someone who knows the neighborhood. I was lucky last time, they did not get my car or my husband's truck. They must have put us in their palm pilot for future vandalism because this time they did ONLY our cars. They must be highly organized vandals. I did not know vandals used a tickler system.

Defeated: I am defeated. Filth has overtaken my house. I have dog hair...enought to knit a sweater. The dust is everywhere. I can write "Kim was here" on every single piece of furniture in my house. Spider Webs have been spun in all the rooms of my house...it looks like the Munsters and the Adams Family lives here. My magazines (all unread except Runners World) are stacked so high that I fear for my life when I walk by the stack, Paperwork is in huge piles...If anybody would turn on a fan in my computer room it would be a catastrophe. I know I should clean it...but I just have no interest in it. I did get it somewhat cleaned up because people were coming over but I only cleaned the parts people would see. I think I need to be hypnotized to love housework.

Disgruntled: I am still in the same grumpy nasty mood I have been in for over a week. I STILL want to slap people. I still want to kick my dog. I still want to throw myself down and have one heck of a toddler tantrum. I think that Midol was useless. PMS should be gone gone gone so now what do I have? Post Menstral Syndrome...does that mean I will be grumpy 4 weeks of the month instead of just one? OH MY! I don't think my family can handle that. I don't think I can handle that...I am annoying my ownself to the point I want to SLAP myself. Maybe I need to tranqualized with a great big dose of elephant tranquilizer.

Updates:
Wedding Reception: Went Beautifully. I will post pictures soon. They had a nice turnout and a big thank you to those of you that helped:

Mom and Judy: Thank you so much for your hardwork at setting up! Mom the punch was delicious!

Kendra: Thank you so very much for all your help keeping the food stocked up and the incredible amount of work you did for clean up! I would have been there till midnight if not for you!

Thanksgiving: Fun fun fun. We had a great meal and the company as always was excellent. We had great fun playing survivor. I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt the next day. My daughter and daughter in law did not hesitiate to stab me in the back and boot me off the island. They did not look even sad when they voted me off. Son in law also flunked the loyalty test and attempted to boot me off! THEY WERE LAUGHING WHEN THEY WERE VOTING ME OFF! I am almost sure if we were stuck on a real island that I would be the one they would cook and eat! Anyway when it came to the end for the tribal counsel to decide who would be the lone survivor(tribal counsel being those that were previously voted off) we decided that we really did not want either one (daughter/daughter in law)to win because they were both sneaky little back stabbers so we made them answer a riddle which involved morality, which of course THEY COULD NOT ANSWER, so the tribal counsel deemed them both losers! Thanksgiving earned a 1000% fun factor (aside from the car tire incident). Also a special note Baby Adam layed on the couch while we played the game..we were loud...we were laughing....Baby Adam slept...he is going to do just fine in this family.

BLACK FRIDAY: A sad sad sad day for Kimmie. No shopping had to work. I figured I better not ask for that day off because I only worked 3 days at my new job then went on a weeks vacation (they knew about this prior to hiring me). Then worked 4 days and took a day off (they knew about this prior to starting also). Then have a dentist appointment this Wednesday. My sister, Aunt Hee Hee, called Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. and tormented me with your gleeful gloating about her FABULOUS sales she got. I told her I was hanging up she was killing me. She laughed.

WORKOUT: I have been a total slacker since I got back from Florida. This week not so great....Monday 3 miles on treadmill and then power hour; Tuesday 5.75 miles (2 treadmill the balance outside) and lifting; Wednesday was swimming; Thursday: NOTHING; Friday 2 miles on Treadmill and Sunday 4.78 miles outdoors. I stink. To much going on in my life. I need to refocus. I need to get back to running on Thursday with my group. I am scared to go with them. I have been slacking. I won't be able to keep up. It will hurt. I won't be able to breath. I will die on 4th Street hill. I am sure I will whine, cry and walk during the 5 miles. BLAH! I should not even be called a Turtle. What is slower then a turtle...whatever that is that would be me.

Off to pack my lunch. Monday is almost here again.

Upcoming Events:
Shopping, shopping and more shopping. Anyone care to join me?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I think I know a boss who wouldn't care if you took Black Friday off.