Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Up Down and All around








I have been so busy I don't know whether I am coming or going. I have been slacking on working out since November and have decided I better kick it into high gear as the Mini is in May. I did a 5k last weekend. Time not so good but I had fun....35.22.
Updates:
Vandalism: My husband's car got picked again. This time they took the lug nuts off and when he was driving to work his tire fell off and rolled past him.....damage $250.00. So far we have one burnt down garage, 6 punctured tires and drum damage (from the tire coming off). The neighbor got his windshield busted out the other day. The kids that we believe our responsible (or their friends) will be moving by the 1st of January. Hopefully this will be the end of the vandalism.

5k: Was fun. Jeff, Leo, Mike, Kathyn and Jill did awesome. It was a first 5k for Tom and he did wonderful. I was so excited for him and his time was GREAT. It was so nice to have all the morning Y people there! We are like family. We have a few more wayward morning Y friends to convert so that we have the ENTIRE morning Y group there. Special mention: Russ makes a great Elf. This 5k was different I was not driven to break my old time. I don't know if I was tired(I cleaned my carpet before I went. I was up at 4:30 am to do that or was I tired from repeatedly checking on the well being of my car all night?At any rate I was all relaxed and just was having fun) You can check times at the Lafayette YMCA site. I would put the link in but I am to lazy to try to figure out how to put a link in my text. I guess that will be a I am bored in January thing.

Workout. I need to update my sidebar! I have been working out! Monday 3 miles with .25 mile sprints at 10 minute per mile speed. Okay that is not really a sprint but it is for Athena Goddess of Chub. Recovery .25 miles were spent walking or a slow jog (okay my slow jog is my normal run but you know what I mean). Yesterday 4.75 miles. First .25 walking, then first .75 at 4.6, then raised to 4.8 for around two miles held at 5.0 (I think that might be a little over a 11 minute mile) then the last 1/2 mile I took it up to 5.2. I know I need a workout makeover. Today is swimming which I am looking forward to as I am sore because we have been moving our office and I have been hoisting heavy boxes. Whoops time to go to the Y will post a couple of pictures for now from the reception. And this weekend will get some pictures of my most adorable grandchildren!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep doing those sprints. You will really improve your time. I've been lazy on sprint training. I usally end my runs on a sprint.

Nice pictures.