Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2 Hours is a long time

I did my 2 hours on the treadmill Sunday morning in 6/4 minute intervals at a faster pace then the week before where I did blocks of time...then I walked 15 ran 50 and walked 45. This time I moved the speed up and did intervals of 6 minutes run/4 minutes walk. My treadmill did not like doing 2 hours and it was making all sorts of sounds. I don't know if it was in protest of me being on it or that 2 hours was even too long for the poor machine. Next week I will do intervals but I will likely change them to .75 mile intervals and .25 walks and do 2 hours. The next week I will do 2.15 hours. My goal is to be able to go for 4 hours by then end of March/beginning of April. The mini is scaring the crap out of me. I have spent many hours contemplating selling my spot to some lucky person...then the crazy Kim steps in and talks me out of it.

My week:

Friday: Game night with my friends from the Y. Great Fun
Saturday: Grocery shopping at 6:00 a.m. Home to read my Giant Manual for work. To Walmart to buy Mom a bday present, home to make cookies and homemade mac and cheese, fish fry and games at my daughters, and kept my neices overnight.
Sunday: Up and 2 hours on the treadmill...go Kim go. Got the girls up and ready..which I forgot how hard that was...thank goodness for my husband who makes Sunday morning breakfast every week. To church where I valiantly fought the sleep virus. Home to pick up the girls stuff, dropped them off, picked up my sister and Mom to go out for Mom's bday lunch...back home where I promptly laid down on the couch and did not move for the rest of the evening...I did not even go to church..I could not move I felt like a rag doll. I more or less watched the Super Bowl...when my eyes were opened.
Monday: No Y sigh.....finished reading my giant manual so I could turn it into work.
Tuesday...sitting here typing need to get my lazy rear out the door to the Y.

2 comments:

Runner Susan said...

you're gonna do great Kim. I should probably think about training. I haven't even started yet!

Runner Susan said...

are you running the Shamrock run in Indy on March 16th? I'll be there with Amy and Doug - it will be their first race.