Saturday, February 24, 2007

Slip Sliding Away

Busy week:
Monday: Took the Girls to Olan Mills (this is family code for Mammogram). The girls' pictures turned out well...look to see one on our 2007 Christmas Card. Last year when I took the girls to Olan Mills the photographer said that the girls were very photogenic. That made me positively giddy AND then she said, "They are very fatty and those are the ones that take the best shots" My hopes of being compared to Jessica Simpson were once again DASHED!

Tuesday: Good day at the Y. Treadmill for 5 1/4 miles. 1/2 mile of which was warm up walking...slow but steady plodding.

Wednesday: Blah pool day. I did not drown and I managed to make it thru the first 20 minutes of class without getting my head wet. That was noticed by a fellow workout buddy and she informed me that I was slacking in the pool.

Thursday: I have rejoined the CLIMATE RUN TEAM. It was slick and I fell twice. Once before I even left the parking lot and I was walking! The other was probably at mile 3 or 3 1/2. The first fall was on the back side but the second fall I fell frontwards...skinned my knee and now it has a tiny little bruise but one that I proudly display as my "Workout Injury". It was around 5 miles. I had to walk numerous times because I have been a slacker and have not been running outside that often (mostly inside on treadmill). Note that I did whine and complain the entire 5 miles. My complaints were as follows: It was slick, I was tired, I could not breathe, my legs felt like lead, it was hard, the route was too long, I did not know where we were going....waa waa waa. I feel sorry for Leo who out of the kindness of his heart stayed back with Ms. Pokey AND had to listen to me whine and complain. The others despite the ice made awesome time. I feel bad when I hold people back but I am oh so thankful for the people that patiently plod by my side.

Now you might ask why I started the climate runs again. I will tell you PEER PRESSURE. The very thing I spent years teaching my children to ignore is the very same thing that got me out running. I guess I would jump off a bridge if all my friends were doing it.
Note: I may still be a teacup but I am NOT a cupcake.
Okay enough about that...finished my day up on Thursday by having years erased off my appearance by dousing my head in brown dye at the hair dresser. Nothing makes a woman feel better then coming out of the hair salon with the gray banished from her head.

Friday: No spinning because this is the week in between sessions. I went to sign up and was told there were no more bikes available so now I am at the mercy of the slackers not showing up for class so I can grab their bike. I did go to Power Hour and Julie did a class that she called "Arms to Die for" By 10:00 yesterday I could not even use my stapler and I was reduced to sucking my coffee thru a straw to avoid picking up my coffee cup. So my legs are sore from the climate run and my arms are sore from Friday so I am pretty much crippled up. Ended my day by Baby Adam coming over to see his Grandma and Grandpa and he was all kinds of happy. He is over his cold now and feeling good. We got out the toys but what he really likes is when I lay on my back and hold him up in the air but unfortunately for me he is teething so holding him over my head is similar to standing in the rain forest.

Saturday: Had planned to do spinning. But realized that quarterly tax time is looming and I have nothing compiled. I have to bake a birthday cake, wrap a present, and make a birthday dinner for my husband and somehow get to the grocery store. Not to mention I am wallowing in filth and desperately need to clean my house.

Sunday Agenda: 8 1/2 mile run walk, church, nap and whining.

A couple new pictures of my guy are getting posted. Hopefully Ty and Carissa will be over tonight so I can get some pictures of my best buddy and the little princess. Spring Break is coming up soon so I will be taking a day off so I can do a something with Ty. Perhaps Chuckie Cheese?

Quote of the Day: "Come on Kim if you fall again you can quit...if we let you" By Jeff after my stating that I was going in to do the treadmill when I slipped and fell in the parking lot.

No comments: