Sunday, January 01, 2006

Back to business

Okay now the holidays are over...no more desserts...no more candy....back to once a week dessert. wah wah! I will tell you that I do feel every single thing I ate in my roly poly gut. When I run it just jiggles....what a horrible feeling. I have also given running alot of thought...and have decided that I really need to get off at least 20 pounds. I have been reading about runners alot and I noticed one thing all the woman are lots thinner then I am. I weigh anywhere between 166 to 171 and I think that is just too much weight on my poor stressed foot. Those extra pounds are making me slow and also putting my foot in additional stress. So my new years resolution is to take off a minimum of 10 pounds with an ultimate goal of 20. Lookwise I am not too bad because I am muscular and people are surprised when I tell them how much I weigh, but running wise I am in sad shape...too big to be fast! Today I tried to do 4 miles and suffered. 4 times I had to stop and walk 100 steps and then start up again. It is probably because for the last two days I have had very little protein and lots of carbs...which for a diabetic is VERY bad...so I felt like crap and I ran like crap.
We had a substitute run our power hour class on Friday(Mike) and he made it very fun and at the same time gave us an awesome workout....we had to run sprints (for like forever)...not so fun...but then we played power hour muscial chairs. He put some chairs in the center of the gym and we had to run around the chairs and when he blew his whistle had to try to get a chair....if you did not...drop and do push ups....I laughed my butt off....when I was not the one doing pushups. We also had to seal walk to half court(using user upper body to "walk" across the gym while dragging you feet...sounds easy...it is NOT) then sprint the other half court to the end where there were hula hoops which we had to hula for one minute then sprint back to the beginning. By the time we were done I was dripping in sweat and leaving a sweat trail everywhere I went. AWESOME class. Last week I also spent some time on the eliptical which I love...love that resistent...increase it till my legs are screaming...loving it! You know that Mellencamp song...Hurt so good....that is how I feel about workouts...I love the tired, sore feeling....I think I am sick in the head!!!! When I had to stop running completely for two weeks I felt so odd because nothing on me felt stiff or tight....I missed it terribly.
Okay so ends my holiday and all the talk of exercise has got me all pumped up...my new year wish is for a year of awesome workouts, increased running endurance and speed, some great muscle definition and a nice strong body.... GO ME!

No comments: