Friday, June 22, 2007

Bacteria Cocktails All Around!

Tuesday I started coming down with the flu by Wednesday I was in bed...not eating....cramping, achy, felt like one of the Sopranos worked me over. Little did I know that my sweet sweet granddaughter had whipped up a bacteria cocktail for Grandma.... which was passed to an unknowing loving Grandma via kisses...so Carissa's kisses packed a wallop. The Bacteria Family Tree is as follows: Sunday before last Adam projectile vomits at Indiana Beach...he was there with his parents and his Aunt Natalie, Cousin Tyson and Cousin Carissa....by Tuesday Baby Adam's parents are sick.....then the following Sunday (father's day WELCOME TO THE PUKING SIDE OF FATHERHOOD BRAD) Carissa begins the vomit festival, Monday Tyson joins in, by Tuesday her father, and I am sick and then Wednsday poor Natalie who is still recovering from open heart surgery is sick. What is ironic is that I am the only who wasn't vomiting all over the place. See there is something to be said for leading a healthy exercising life. The bacteria tried to take me down but only took down my front forces...my back troops stood firm. It took me two days and then I was pretty much over it beside a residual nausea. Despite being sick Tuesday and Wednesday, Thursday I was able to get a good lift in and I did 4 miles at 12 minute mile pace. Not bad for a girl that was bed ridden and unable to eat or drink for two days. I did bail on the Thursday climate run because I did not think I was up to 5 miles and I did not want to actually puke on Puke Mountain.

NEWS: Baby Adam is having a tooth break through...will keep you updated on this great breaking news!

KUDOS: My son James is on his way to being a big loser! 18 pound weightloss so far! Go Jamie Go! I will see you at the Mini next year!

Misery and Pain: My poor husband's foot is still not healed. If it is what they think it is he is in for alot of work to get this healed up if they can heal it at all. They suspect it is a nerve disorder...his nurses opinion"You will wish you just had a stress fracture"...ouch more to come on this topic after his Monday appointment with the rheumotoid doctor...which he will then likely be sent to a Nuerologist. They have tossed around RSD which if you go out on the web you will see that it is going to be no picnic for Jerry, if this is in fact what he suffers from.

Sewage: Every blog should discuss sewage at one time. My pipes have once again backed up and I cannot blame the King of Dookie since he is no longer living in the house a/k/a Jamie. So I guess it must be tree roots and other nasty nasty things. shudder.......So my husband once again (this has become twice a year pleasure), rented an electric eel and began the disgusting job of unclogging the drain pipe out to the road. Running an electric eel is not easy and takes quite a bit of strength and a very strong stomach. My husband has now vowed to take a chain saw to our neighbors tree and cut it down to keep it from working its wily roots into our drain.

Lady of the Night: I am a lady of the night. That is a carpet cleaning lady of the night. Seeing as I have no life my friday night was spent by shampooing my living room carpet. Of course I was looking fine as I was wearing my best attire for this roaring fun....my old running shoes, mens gym shorts and a tee shirt. I am surprised my husband could keep his hands off me as I was so drop dead gorgeous...dab a little lemon pledge behind my ears and who knows where the night might lead...... okay the running shoes, gym shorts, tee shirt and not even the lemon pledge caused my husband to whisk me away...so on with carpet cleaning.....It is 11:41 pm. I just finished the carpet and am contemplating whether I can dare have any more fun...perhaps I could dust my banister or the furniture. However, if I dust my furniture I effectively shut down my form of communcation with my husband as he can leave correspondence to me on the coffee tables and endtables. What an awesome way to save the trees! I really think house work is overrated but when I do it it is either very late at night or very early in the a.m. (night practically). Every once in awhile I will do a night time cleaning jag but overall I intensely dislike the whole house cleaning experience. Yes I like a clean house, yes I like order...yes I want someone else to do it for me...and thank goodness I married a man who likes to clean and is good at it (a gene passed down to my oldest son Brad..who vacuums his curtains and was excited to get a swiffer wet jet for his birthday)

My reason for disliking housework are:
1) If I dust I am disturbing the delicate balance of our ecosystem. Did they not teach us in school that we should leave nature as we found it?
2) House work causes injuries...the last time I was mopping. I got all into the mopping groove and drove the mop handle into my own face.
3) Everyone knows that a clean house is a sign of a boring woman
4) Running burns more calories then running the sweeper
5) I almost killed myself with a chemical mixture of comet and bleach. I thought this would be an awesome toilet cleaning solution...what it did was make a giant mushroom cloud of toxic fumes which caused my lungs to burn and my eyes to water and all I could smell was bleach for two days afterwards. I also think it gave my face a chemical peel.
6)Of course there is always the old standby..why clean it when it will just get dirty again.
7) I will have time to clean when I am retired
8)If you clean more then two days in a row people expect it all the time.
9)I don't think people feel comfortable in a house that looks like it should be in Better Homes and Gardens. At my house people don't hesitate to plop their feet up on my coffee table..even my 18 months granddaugher does this (and it is adorable).
10) Nobody ever had a headstone that said "She kept a really clean house"

Other News or Thoughts that are of no interest to anyone but me:

There is a run in Hell Michigan. I think it is like 5 miles. You get a shirt that says "I've run thru Hell" I want that shirt!

Since I have been slacking on the workouts my belly jiggles when I run. I don't like it. I have now kicked into high gear so I can be jiggle free for the Zoo Run Run.

My thighs are gigantic and I suspect it might not be all muscle.

Just because I think I look like Jessica Simpson does not mean other people do. ( I still think they are wrong though!)

I think it is okay to stop and have a cookie afterwork on Friday nights because it is better then stopping for a beer.

The scales were down 1 1/4 pounds on Wed.

Poison makes me run faster (not like arsenic but the group).

Well that is all for tonight. I think the lady of the night shall retire to her quarters.
Pictures to follow soon...one especially will bust a gut for those of us who can laugh at ourselves.

2 comments:

CG freak said...

"Just because I think I look like Jessica Simpson does not mean other people do. ( I still think they are wrong though!)"

Other than the hair color difference, I'd agree. Your dead on a Jessica Simpson look alike. : )

CG freak said...

GSX= aka TAZ