Saturday, January 27, 2007

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

That title is not entirely accurate because we had some awesome news. Jerry's medical procedure came back with good results. The downside to that is that we still don't know quite what is wrong with him. So the doctor will move on to the next thing but we are so thankful to God that there is no cancerous colon. I thank all my wonderful friends and family who kept us in their thoughts and prayers!
Okay now to address the title of today's blog. For some reasons things I have been touching have just been breaking for no apparent reason. I am a SHLEPROCK. For those of you that have been deprived of the really good cartoons. Shleprock was a character in the later Flintstones when Bam Bam and Pebbles were teenagers. Poor Shleprock everytime he walked passed things they would collapse or burst into flames etc....So for no apparent reason my digital camera will not work. I used it one day and put it nicely back in the case and next time I used it...nothing...I tried everything...new battery, cleaning the terminals...dead dead dead and at that same point my computer went down...well first my internet went down just out of the blue for no apparant reason and in an attempt to fix that the computer crashed. Okay there was more to that...perhaps I deleted important files to the running of my computer but it still crashed....then Thursday after returning home from the hospital I went to get in my car and it would not even turn over...just right out of the blue..right in front of my house. So my husband called the Sear's roadclub so we could get it towed to the shop and the lady on the phone FROM SEARS ROADCLUB asked my husband how he was going to pay for the tow...and he said,"Wiiiiith my Sear's roadclub which I have already paid for" DUH LADY! OH and the CAR COST ALMOST 400 TO REPAIR..SO NOW MY BUDGET IS BROKE.
Okay the whining was fun so now I am going to make a list of things that are irritating me....

1) Why do I fall asleep in church? I can run or not run, get up early, sleep in late and I STILL FALL ASLEEP IN CHURCH. A couple of weeks ago I took a stacker and drank 3 cups of coffee and still FELL ASLEEP!
2) MY DOG STINKS BAD....LIKE NASTY OLD TUBE STOCKS WORN IN THE MIDDLE OF A HEAT WAVE and the more hyper he gets the more stench he emits. I bathe him and in a day or so it is back...blah Horsecoat Sharpeis stink!
3) My insurance man came over to look at my house due to the garage fire (arson August 2006) because the company is thinking about dropping us...he says should be okay and then Friday leaves a cryptic message on my machine about "Where were going to go with this". Friday afternoon...could he not have left this message on Thursday so I am not dwelling on this all weekend.
4)My knee....I want to be an athelete...my knee is not in agreement
5)My house is dirty and unorganized. I am a bad housewife. I am surprised my husband does not divorce me on grounds of 'Disorganization and Laziness" I want it to be clean..truely I do...I just don't want to be the one to do it.
Okay I better stop because this list could go on and on so now 5 things I am grateful for from this week.
1) My husband and that my husband got a good report on his medical procedure
2) Baby Adam's sweet smile when Jerry and I were feeling down
3)My new kitchen cabinet that my husband put in for me this week...he also ordered my new sink, countertop and another cabinet. We will be doing flooring shortly
4)My one good knee
5)That it was only a starter in my car and not the whole engine and that if my car had to break down at least it was polite enough to do it in front of my own house.
UPDATES:
Baby Adam: Says Da Da
YMCA: Back to spinning and back to some light running. Looking at time right now since the Mini is coming up. I need to be able to run/walk for 3 1/2 hours so for me since speed is not a factor...finishing is the goal....I am looking at time during trainings. Tuesday 30 minutes, Thurday 40 minutes....today is 50 minutes and one hour walk and then one hour of spinning...ouch my body declares in advance. I did find that after I ran on Thursday and kept it wrapped all day that I had very light knee pain as opposed to "I aint walking up stairs because it hurts to darn bad" pain.

WARNING SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND THIS INFORMATION OFFENSIVE

***Sugar Free Products will give one GAS*** Use these products with care*** Gas Mask may be needed****

No comments: