Sunday, January 21, 2007

Running in a Winter Wonderland

Snow is falling and Kim was running. Well more or less running. I was moving swiftly. I have not worked out on the weekend for at least 12 weeks. I decided last week enough with the sitting on my rear so Kendra and I went spinning. So this weekend I spun on Saturday, accompanied by my beautiful daughter Kendra. Last night I told myself okay Kimmie you are gonna get up in the morning and do a walk/run. Got up this morning 5:30. Looked out the window just appeared cold. Told myself I would go at 6:00. Husband gets up and I asked him if he would like to accompany me on a walk/run. He points to Vandal Cam and says, "Not in that stuff" I look SNOW SNOW SNOW. It was not snowing a half hour ago! CRAP I DON'T WANT TO RUN IN THE SNOW!The mental whining began and for once my body did not participate it in the whining. It was solely a mental mutiny. So my body took over and took me into the back room to grab my stuff. I put on my yaks/got my mittons (a gift from my mother in law who said she read an article that runners should use mittons as opposed to gloves...made the gift extra special that she bought it for that reason!) and went out in the SNOW. It was lovely...quiet...could just hear my feet crunch in the snow...beautiful, peaceful and I got this fabulous feeling of wonderfulness that not only did I run but I ran in cold snowy weather when most people were laying snuggled under their blankets. So now I feel very unslug like as I spun yesterday and ran today..granted it was only 2 miles but I did something.
Time to run a warm bath and my wonderful husband is fixing me a yummy breakfast. I will try to post some pictures later today and my sweet grandchildren!

No comments: