Tuesday, July 03, 2007

HELP WANTED

HELP WANTED: Looking for someone to walk one slug like Grandma. No benefits, no pay, lousy hours. She is vicious and will bite if she smells fast food on you. However, if you enjoy hearing whining, moaning and crying...this is just the job for you! No experience necessary. Uniform provided.

The Broken: The slug a/k/a Grandma a/k/a my mom has broken her patella and severely strained her arm and shoulder by falling up the stairs (don't forget she just had to go to the hospital for her sciatic nerve). So now the exercise nazi a/k/a yours truely has deemed her a mobility/stability risk and has made her give a true promise that she will start walking and working on her healthy back exercises. Now we all know that the slug has the very best of intentions, however, her intentions don't always make it to the completion stage so I will be looking for some volunteers to "Slugercise" with her. Which means nothing hard...just 10 to 15 minutes of walking and about 10-15 minutes of stretching. We won't be able to start for awhile as her knee needs to heal but I think she really needs some support to make this a go. Just once a week would be great...so hopefully will get her to do at least 5 days a week! I would even be willing to make a tee shirt for the workers that says " I Love to Slugercise"

The Bloated: There is nothing more icky feeling then trying to run with about 3 pounds of water weight. I felt like a big old fat tick. Does anyone know when Menopause is suppose to start? Will I still crave cookies after Menopause? Will I start to look more like Jessica Simpson? Will I run like the wind because I do not have bloating?

Babys Got Tooth: Adam has his two bottom front teeth! He also had his first "Pepe's" experience and he loves rice but not as much as he loves "El Popo"

Ouch: Jerry got his nerve block today and advised that it is the WORSE pain he has ever felt in his life. Multilple shots in the back to deaden the nerve. He said NEVER AGAIN! However, his foot does feel better now. Next step physical therapy!

BIG LOSER JR: James is looking FANTASTIC as his weight loss journey begins. From the looks of him I would say down at least 25 p0unds.

KUDOS: Big Thank Yous to Kendra and Tasha this week for shuttling our injured to and fro this week.

I thought I would Die but did not: Last Saturday Jill, Bob and I went to the West side and did some hill training. While they did much running.... mine was like a little run, a little walk....a little run...a little walk...the circuit was 10 times around. Let me tell you 10 is not alot when counting cookies or m&ms. It is a lot when counting times up a hill. HOWEVER, before we started we had to warm up. The warmup was suppose to be a mile. That is until they saw the look of horror on my face. I about had heart failure when I heard a mile warmup then hills. They quickly revised it to 1/2 mile warm up (thank goodness for Jill who said "We can't make her so tired that she can't finish the hills"). I still attempted to wiggle out of 1/2 mile warmup by telling them I would "just run around the parking lot" while they did their warmup. That was not met with approval and so I was unsuccessful with my trying to avoid the 1/2 mile warmup. They said they would go slow and true to their word they trotted faithfully by my side. What goods friends to trot when they can gallop. We completed our hills and we sorta jogged back to the car where we stretched a little. They then advised "Okay time for our cool down" WHAT! I thought STOPPING was COOLING DOWN but oh no a cool down in the runners world is ANOTHER ENTIRE MILE AFTER DOING ENDLESS HILLS. After a little prodding, okay alot of prodding, I did the mile and what did we find during the mile cool down but yet another hill. Bob did say we were suppose to take the bigger hill but I am pretty sure he thought I would throw myself down on the ground and cry if he took the bigger hill so he turned up the smaller one. The fat little runner said "Thank Goodness!" I am glad I went even though I despise hills and I thank Jill for making it sound like "fun" and Bob for coming along to make sure we did not get lost or injure our selves in the attempt to do "hill workouts" So I made it through and am looking foward to trying conquer the "Mountains of Pain and Agony"

Random Thought: If this is not making me look like Jessica Simpson why the heck am I doing this? My thought while hill training.

No comments: