Tuesday, July 01, 2008

SNIPS AND SNAILS AND PUPPY DOG TAILS

That is what little boys are made of! Grandma is gonna have another little guy! James and Tasha's baby quite happily turned over and showed everyone in the family that baby Kaufman is BABY BOY KAUFMAN. Tasha, Kendra and myself are escaping town in two weeks to go hit the outlet malls so that little guy can be dressed in the finest sporting gear..PUMA. Tasha is looking quite adorable with her baby bump...but poor Tasha, unlike the rest of the woman in our family, is not use to having a stomach obstruction that blocks things like...hmmm tying one's shoes....tucking one's shirt in....buttoning pants on the first try...but hey she looks adorable even if she is a tad bit uncomfortable. I can't wait to have a whole yardful of little boys running amuck in Grandma's yard, begging for freezer pops and slamming my screen door as they run in and out to get the freezer pops...that's odd those are the very same things I use to tell my kids to STOP doing. They are still working on the name thing...which they better hurry up or I am gonna get in the habit of calling him little guy and then it will stick.

Plodding: My experience taken from a country song, sung by Rodney Atkins (slightly revised by the Queen of the Plodders): "If your going through hell, Keep on going, don't slow down,don't start walking, you might finish your route before you even know your there...Yeah, If you're going through hell, Keep on moving, face that fire, Plod right through it, you might even finish the route before your heart gives out"
Okay so I might be slightly exaggarating...slightly. I managed to plod thru 3.25 miles both last week and this week both on Monday...ask me how many times I stopped to walk. NONE I say NONE. Ask me how fast I was. NOT AT ALL NOT AT ALL. Wednesday I do walk runs and Thursdays are 2 miles with no walking. I am easing back into it because the ligament is still not healed completely. As long as I keep an IT band on while steadily plodding I feel no pain. I feel no pain without the IT band while walk running. But no IT band and steady plodding brings discomfort. Monday I forgot my band. I plodded with no walking and toward the end my knee was trying to make itself heard....I turned up my MP3 player to drown out the complaints of my knee and kept going.

Biking: I LOVE IT! I am having major bike lust and must must must have a road bike so I can keep up with my friends with real bikes. The plan is to do a 65 mile bike in August. Whooooo HOOOOOOOO!

4th of July: Picnic is at 4:00. Please come at 3:30 if you want to start playing some games...Euchre, Texas Holdem....James I aim to take a little of your money and you too Aunt Denise! I need to win some money because I need to buy more spic and span.

Housecleaning: I DID SOME! I had a bucket and some spic and span. My husband asks "What are you doing with bucket and spic and span" I answer in a some what offended voice, "I am making cleaning water". My shocked husband says, "To clean what?" I say, "Does it matter? I am cleaning something" The poor man, I think I shocked his system cause not only did I clean something but I cleaned the dirtest grossest something in our house...the laundry room...a/k/a dog area...a/k/a storage room AND we are not even having company. Well we are but the company coming is the same company that always comes and I NEVER clean house for them cause most of them are just as messy if not messier then I am. The week before when I cleaned he accused me of cleaning house because we had out of state company, but I tell you it was not true because where I cleaned they would never have even seen, unless I drug them into my bathroom and made them climb in the tub to look behind the blind at the window, that was by then cleaned.

Well must go for now time to improve my brain by reading a training manual for work.
Pictures to follow soon.

No comments: