Friday, March 02, 2007

Winter Sleep Coma

What a better way to start a post then with a whine....I AM SICK OF WINTER! I DISLIKE THE COLD DARK EVENINGS! I come home, I make dinner (sometimes my honey makes dinner as he has for the past two nights), clean up the dinner dishes (okay he cleans up..what a great husband) and then I GO UPSTAIRS AND GET IN BED AND DO NOT MOVE TILL MORNING. Which means I burn exactly NO calories in the evening. I want some daylight, I want to move around and feel alive in the evening but the dark cold evenings have the exact same effect on me as Tylnol PM. Okay enough about that...

Semi Running: In all honesty I can't call what I do running because 1) I am not fast and 2) I walk time to time....but here goes the rundown for the week: Monday 8 miles consisting of .25 mile walks then .75 run on the machine of death and boredom a/k/a the Treadmill, Tuesday 3 miles probably spent at least .75 of that walking...maybe a little less. Thursday...now that was depressing...5 miles and lots of walking. I don't know what was wrong with me because I was way worse then usual. I believe it may be because of the 8 miles on Monday so this weekend I will definetely do my long run so I am not stuck with making it up on Monday. The plan for me is to be fresh for the Thursday Climate Run. Thanks to Tink and Turtle for staying back with me and not getting frustrated because every time they turned around to check on me I was walking. Of course when they turned around I had to start running again...Perhaps they should have run backwards the whole way to keep me moving. No running today other then the small bit in Power Hour and my hope is to do a long run on Saturday morning...early so I can actually have a Saturday.

Swimming: Wednesday...I swear I worked harder at swimming. I told my friend Jill...she looked skeptical.....hahahahah everyone should have a friend that will call you out when you are slacking. My favorite Jill swimming quote, "Waa, get moving".

Hunger: I am suffering from unending hunger. I think my stomach is eating a hole in my body. I am eating plenty believe me but I am like a bottomless pit. That is one of the reasons I am up at this awful hour of the night. I woke up hungry...can't eat...want fudge, want cookies...want anything sweet. Can't eat...trying to take my mind of hunger by blogging...it is not helping...I am wondering if the Candy Cane ink pen in my pen jar would taste good. It is a long time till breakfast....sigh

Okay I am going to bed because this obviously is not working as my hunger has not decreased one iota. I will probably end up chewing on my sheets.......

No comments: