Thursday, March 29, 2007

Woof Woof says the Fat Old Labrador

This morning my run went very well. 5 miles no stopping, not even on Puke Mountain. However, as I was running, or more aptly described as trotting, behind Leo (who has the patience of a saint), a visualization popped into my poor oxygen deprived brain. I thought I must look somewhat like an old fat labrador that is being taken on a run by its owner. I am always behind, panting, gasping and my tongue is hanging out of my mounth. I probably would even stop to drink out of a mudpuddle if I thought I could get back up again.

Okay hightlights from this mornings run: I was last again! Even though Jeff and Kris stopped at the VP to get a gatorade they still beat me in....how sad is that...people went SHOPPING and STILL BEAT ME! I hang my head in shame.......sigh..... However, the upside is that I saw their back sides a tiny bit longer then I usually do. I tell you I can identify every person I run with by just looking at their back side because that is all I ever see. I find it ironic that the very thing I am absolutely horrible at is the very thing I love. Side Note: Trying to run to Christine Aguilara's "Aint No Other Man"almost killed me...I better stick to ballads.

Updates:
Last Week: Running Good! No stopping on my 3.25 mile or my 5 mile and on Saturday I did 10 on the treadmill (cause we were out of town at a hotel on an interstate). I did 10 minutes run, 1 minute recovery. However, at least twice I snuck in 2 minute recoveries. I found 10 miles on the treadmill to be horrible and hope to never have to do that again. I got a blister because on the treadmill you foot tends to strike in the exact same place time after time. Outdoors you don't get that because of variation of the ground. I also swam several times over the weekend. My food was good on Saturday but I lost it on Sunday and ate like a pig...of which I am still suffering the consequences of.

Mini: The Mini is fast approaching. I have not yet hit the panic zone but look to start melting down by the second week of April. Leo has been so kind as to bump himself back to my slow corral so I do not have to be by myself. Not to many people would be willing to sacrifice their own time to help someone else achieve a goal and I am so very grateful for that. Ahhh I must have taken my sensitive pill again.... My husband, my son and my daughter in law will be there to witness my total humiliation. I just hope I can cross the line with some semblance of dignity...preferable on my feet and not crawling across the line. I would also like to not puke when I cross the line...oh and not to be last or next to last. My luck I will end up crawling across the line and puking just as the newspaper photographer snaps a picture for the front page of our local paper. I can see the headline now....Local Woman Perseveres, Then Pukes.

Grandchidren: Carissa and Tyson came over the weekend before last. Tyson learned how to play Bunco. I love Tyson...he is the only one that will play games with me. He is very bright and can pick up games in a snap...and he is learning to play a mean game of scrabble...of course he is learning at the foot of the master. Carissa is very mobile and darting all over the place. Her favorite game was "Take everything off Grandma's Coffee Table" followed closely by "Remove all videos from Shelves".
Baby Adam is sitting up and he tried his first bite of Grandma's mashed potatoes. He was not sure about the potatoes. He just let them ooze out of his mouth....hmmm he must take after Grandpa's side because Grandma's side never lets a carbohydrate out of their mouth.

Upcoming Event: Spring Fling on Saturday. A day of fun and lame games with Grandma. I think they only put up with the lame games for the Reeces Cups.

Remark of the Day: "Whoooooo Hoooooooo" Yodeled by Karen as we took off at the Y doors at 5:00 a.m. My response, "I think this is gonna kill me"

1 comment:

Runner Susan said...

Kim, I haven't even started training yet. I'm in panic mode now. oh my.