Saturday, October 15, 2005

High Falootin Woman

Phrase of the Day: "Do you have a stool sample with you?"
Yes I am a high falootin woman and I live a glamerous life......6:30 this morning I was wandering around my yard looking for a fresh stool sample to to take to the vet. Why don't you ever see woman on TV doing this gross stuff? My life is not like desperate housewives. No adultry, deaths, or intrique...just stool samples, dust and dirt.
The vet was just the start of a fun filled day...I must now go to the grocery store to buy my vegatables and fruit, then back to home to battle dirt and grime. I think I may surrender to the dirt and grime because there is NO WAY I am ever going to win!!!! So I should just wave my white flag and sit on my porch and drink lots of coffee.
Tomorrow tomorrow I get to run!!! Hurrah for me!!! I am only going to do 2 miles to make sure I do not blow my foot out!!!! Yesterday I jogged around the gym a little bit during power hour class with no more discomfort then when I walk so guess I am ready to hit it. I am going to tape my arch and support my ankle with an ankle brace. I think 2 Sunday's ago when I did the 4 1/2 miles my foot hurt so badly because: 1) Wore totally the wrong shoes/with NO support, 2) Did not tape my arch up, 3)did not wear my ankle brace 4) took the hillest route I could find (heard hills are hard on a healing plantar facititis)and 4) went too far for my first time out in 2 weeks. By the time I was done on Sunday I could barely walk the pain was so intense. So I am sooooo excited to get out on the road tomorrow. The only bad thing about running on Sundays is that my husband has to poke me awake in church CONSTANTLY. Told him if the Pastor talked louder and maybe yelled into his microphone "Kim in Row 4 WAKE UP YOU HEATHEN" I would stay awake. Well off to my glamerous life....do you think it would have been nicer if I had worn heels and a dress when gathering my stool sample????

4 comments:

Hilda said...

Kim, your photos are amazing, congratulations. I will read more about how long it took you but definitely you made it!!!!

Amy said...

When I was pregnant with Cole Keesha was getting diagnosed with diabetes and I had to continually get urine samples. Picture me at nine months pregnant, following the dog around the yard with a frisbee duct taped to a yard stick.

You can tell your stool samples are fresh if they steam up your ziploc bag.

D said...

Your before and after photos are incredible! Wow. Awesome!

Isn't life glamorous! I often think of that when I am cleaning our yard of the dog waste! What fun! :0

Unknown said...

Steamy ziplock bags of Doo hahahahaha. Makes me want to schedule another vet apointment!!! I think I am going to design dog doo gathering clothes for the middle aged woman so we can be useful and seductively dressed.