Monday, October 10, 2005

One More Week

One more week and I should be able to hit the pavement again. Got my spiffy new motion control shoes and rigid inserts. Now I am just waiting for some of the bruising to go away and I will be off.... I spent 35 minutes on the Precor and burnt around 450 calories. Good workout I put it in resistance 20 the last 5 minutes to give my calves a nice hard workout and it was like trudging thru kneehigh mud!! What an awesome burn!!!After that I joined the last 45 minutes of power hour class and she burnt our arms out!!! Now I am sore all over...it feels great. I have am so excited to hear about stories of the Chicago Marathon from Susan and Mike. Needless to sayI am green with envy!!! Oh well! I guess since a year and half ago I weighed 289 pounds I should be greatly appreciative that I am now 168 and able to do a 10k on a good day. However, I have NOT had a good day for awhile because of healing fallen arches! It pains me greatly to see runners on the road and I am stuck on the stupid Precor or in the pool. I have determined from seeing many pictures of runners that at 168 I am still to heavy..granted I have increased my muscle mass (my son says my biceps are scary looking) tremendously but I am still struggling because that is still alot of weight to be dragging down the road. So I have determined that I must gain control of my weekend food. I am a compliant diabetic Monday thru Friday but somehow Saturday and Sunday are horrible for me. I ATE an ENTIRE box of Golden Grahams over the weekend!! What a glutton I am. I know if I get my weekend food under control I could get 20 pounds of fairly quickly. So now I am going to focus and buckle down get that weight off and work on my running so I am not turtle slow. I will be working on posting some more pictures of preexercise Kim...
OH and BIG KUDOS TO MY MOTHER FOR HER AWESOME EFFORT AT POWER HOUR this morning...YEAH MOMMY!
Just a Thought: I remember when I first started my weight loss journey that I was just so sick of being referred to as that short heavyset woman..the other day I heard somebody asking about me at the front of the my office and they said "Where is that short lady that sits up front?" What do you think of that??? I lost an adjective!!!

No comments: