Sunday, October 09, 2005

Up and Running!

Yep we are up and running...at least my computer is. I am still in a healing process but probably one more week and I am on the road again...Finally! I have had tons of problems with the feet. My arch fell in my right foot and I did nothing to address the issue. Just keept running on it trying to run out the pain. Then of course pain moved into the ankle. I was hobbling around...had to use the POOL and PRECOR blah. Thru a referral from my awesome Y friend I went to a Sporting Goods store on the west side and he told me I was wearing totally the wrong kind of shoes. Which I should have figured out because my foot and ankle were hurting more then ever. I got some nice Brooks with awesome side support and a insert for a rigid arch support. Immediately my ankle was not hurting. However the side of my foot is tender which the salesman said he thought would go away if I rested for a week and ALWAYS wore shoes with my inserts and to NEVER go barefoot. I feel so much better. I have to take a week off and just do Precor and swimming and then I am ready to go out next week. Can't wait because the weather is awesome!!! P.S. My husband will kill me but I bought TWO pair of new running shoes...even though I have two that are less then six weeks old. However, in all fairness I can't wear the other shoes because they kill my feet.
P.S. For all those that think if your feet are really killing you...extra cushioning shoes are not always the answer sometimes they make your feet worse. Salesman said common mistake most new people make!

1 comment:

Park Bench said...

Dawn Eden's Blog On!: OMG! Miers blog probably phony
I don't know what Harriet Miers E-mailed her friends upon being nominated to replace Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't, "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THE NOMINEE!!! This is ...
Cool. If you're into anything relating to red bull addiction check out Park Bench. He's at AddictionPages and posts hundreds of alcoholism and addiction resources.