Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I am so tired I could cry!

I am finally sitting down and taking a 5 minute break. Since I got home I have done nothing but cook cook cook in preparation for our Thanksgiving feast. As soon as I am done complaining and whining on this post I am going to finish peeling the last of the 10 pounds of potatoes. I am so tired but I am going to push thru because the more I do tonight the less I have to do tomorrow. Yesterday had a great relaxing run. For the first time in awhile I can say I actually enjoyed it! I felt pretty strong, my breathing was much better (after the first mile that is) and I actually was getting into it. I was still slow but my body was much more cooperative Now maybe I can start gaining some ground. Today was swimming day, as I have said before, I HATE SWIMMING! I do it only because it gives my foot a rest! I have made progress now...I do not have to wear the bubble belt. I still stay within an arms reach of the wall (in the deep end) but I am BUBBLE FREE! I like to think I sink because of my awesome muscle mass. But when I shared this tidbit of information with my fellow swimmers they laughed at me!!!! Ha shows what they know....they just can't see my awesome muscle mass because I wear a shirt and shorts into the pool...so I won't intimidate them with my awesome physique.
Special Note to my Daughter and Daughter in Law and Soon to be Daughter in Law: If one of you girls don't come over here and learn how to do Thanksgiving dinner you are all going to starve or have to eat at MCL when I drop over dead!
KUDOS: To my mother who has been making a very strong effort at Power Hour Class! She acutally almost sweated this week. She is truly seeking her inner warrior. A big thank you to her heart doctor who layed it on the line for her.
How True How True: Taken from the WLFI website from Mr. Food. This perfectly describes my Thanksgiving experience:

'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.The leftovers beckoned, the dark meat and white,But I fought the temptation with all of my might.Tossing and turning with anticipationThe thought of a snack became infatuation!So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the doorAnd gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore!I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.I felt myself swelling so plump and so roundUntil all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the skyWith a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.But I managed to yell, as I soared past the trees,"Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please!"

Bye time to peel potatoes.

No comments: