Sunday, November 20, 2005

Knock Knock Knocking on Heaven's Door

How ironic that just as I felt like dying on my run this morning that Axel Rose's rendition of Knocking on Heaven's Door came on. I cann't believe how much ground I lost while recuperating my stupid foot! Now parts of my body are at war with each other: My brain is the instigator it starts out with "I am so excited lets go for a run. I need to feel the endorphins...no no don't worry about coffee you can have a cup when we get back...it won't take long" So my stupid body complies..... 1/2 mile down the road my lungs start screaming" Help Help we can't breath! Stop Stop we are burning!" Then my knee joins in, "Ugh you big lug I am not made of titanium", if that is not enough then my foot starts yelling "Hey you big pig lose 20 more pounds your killing me down here" The then instigator turns traitor and starts whining" You didn't even let me have a cup of coffee" So then all the body parts joined forces and made me miserable the entire run!
ENJOYABILITY FACTOR FOR THIS MORNING: 0
PREDICTED OUTLOOK FOR TOMORROW'S ENJOYABILITY: 0
On the upside though I did finish without walking and even did sprints back the last 1/2 mile.

Yes as you can see I am in top whining moan! So lets see do I have anything else to whine out....hmmmm I believe I do! The house next door has been sitting empty for more then two years and we not seem to have a little mouse problem. I have set traps and that was pretty effective for awhile. However, the mice must have lost their craving for peanut butter and/or cheese because now the don't touch the traps...I know their still in my laundry room because they are still leaving their little calling cards. Blah! I have called the city and they still have done nothing about the house next door! Meanwhile my house is like a little mouse buffett (on account of my dogs and their dog bowls).

Updates:
Christmas Shopping: Ahhh it is only 5 days till BLACK FRIDAY! Enough said!
Thanksgiving: Food bought, Menu planned, House NOT CLEAN. (The upside is that my family does not care if it is clean as long as I have enough pie! I LOVE MY FAMILY FOR THAT!)
Birthdays: Today starts the parade of birthday cakes. My daughter's birthday is actually Thanksgiving day but we are doing it tonight. Then we have birthdays in the family the following days, Dec. 5, 7, 9, 18, and 22. Also throw my boss's birthday in that list too! I HATE birthday cake by the end of December as do my jeans.
Sleigh Bells" The 5k Sleigh bell run is December 3 and I believe I am recouped enough to handle it. Though the outlook on improving my time is dim as I am still very gentle with my foot.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Do you mean a different boss? Because Doug's birthday is in August.

Unknown said...

Yes the "Managing Partner" Hahaha that means the partner we transfer all the telemarketer calls to!!! hahahah Doug is August 8, DWL is December 22. Doug is lucky because we never let anyone talk to him...so as long as we like him he's got it made...he ticks me off I will transfer everyphone straight thru to him.hahahahahahahah