Monday, October 09, 2006

Repeat after me, "Kim is not a glutton"

This should go down in the Feast of the Hunter's Moon history. I did not eat my way around the feast. I did not eat 4 Bridies, 2 Buffalo Burgers, 1 Apple Dumpling, 1 Bag of Parched Corn, 1 Bag of Cashews, 1 Indiana Fry Bread, 2 Apple Ciders and 1 Fruited Lemondade as I did the last time I went to the Feast(***warning**** that type of food consumption will make one mightly sick!). This year I ate only 1 Bridie and 1 Buffalo Burger and some dried Cherries. This is the first time ever I actually sent more money on stuff then on food! I was so proud of myself and as a big thank you my body gave me the best weekend run I have had in months and months and months. Sunday morning 4 miles and NO WALKING. I could have gone longer but I would have missed Sunday School. I really think that running with others is making me stronger. Yes I was feeling discomfort but it was not anything I could not deal with! I went up the slightly big hill and turned a corner and went up a small hill and I did not stop at all. UP UP went Kim...chug chug chug and she continued to chug and then snap the discomfort reduced substantially.
So Sunday morning run..AWESOME. It was around 35ish when I went out so I wore long pants and long sleeve shirt....big mistake for this premenopausal woman I was sweating profusely within 15 minutes. I guess I just need to wear shorts and short sleeved shirt and tough out the first 15 minutes so that I am comfortable for the duration.

Friday: Spent some one on one Grandma and Grandma time with my little guy. He was introduced to Charlie's Angels by Grandpa...Grandma took him to the other extreme and had him watching Mama's Family. He was a perfect angel the entire time I watched him. His mother and father got home just in time for his colic time. Next time Kendra' says she will start her evening later so she can get home later and Grandma can deal with the colic time.

Saturday: Feast of the Hunter's Moon (note previouse paragraph for fantastic, stupendous food control). Adam got to go to his first Feast of the Hunters Moon. Grandpa walked around with him alot. He did very well! After the Feast I stopped by to see Ty and Carissa. Ty was too busy to stay in with Grandma. When I pulled up there were lots of little boys hanging out in the yard..running, playing and just generally being boys. Carissa showed off her crawling skills and got her first bloody mouth when she lost her balance and bonked her face on her toy. I then proceeded to the Mall where I was once again tramautized by clothes shopping. Those dresses looked great on the rack but somewhere between my taking the clothes from the rack and putting it on my body the dress altered in some hideous manner and it was NOT the dress I saw on the rack. I wanted to throw myself on the ground in the middle of Macys and kick and scream and bang my head on the floor. Needless to say I found nothing to wear at Macys. I then repeated the same at JC Penneys, CJ Banks and Kohls. Finally I went to Sears, if I did not find anything there I was going to Bed Bath and Beyond and by a silk sheet and wear it to my son's wedding toga style. Lucky lucky for my son I found a dress that will be serviceable. It is not the dress of my choice but I still have 3 weeks to look and if I am unsuccessful this dress will be adequate. I don't look too hideous in it...just mildly YUCK. I HATE CLOTHES SHOPPING! When I was a very fat girl I hated it with a passion and afterwards would have to calm myself with Pepe's Chili Con Queso and Strawberry Margaritas (please note the plural form!)...now I hate it but I can do it without the aid of Chili Con Queso and Strawberry Margaritas...now I just need take 3 tylnol and to lay down on the couch with cool washcloth on my forehead. I don't think I will ever adapt to clothes shopping. My inner fat girl is just to strong.

Sunday: Lazy lazy lazy girl. I come home from church and laid around doing nothing. I ran in the morning and that was about it. Hmmmm I wonder where that slugginess comes from???

Monday: Off to work Grandma Kimmie goes....home again home again jiggity jig. Daughter and son in law come over. In the kitchen...grandma holding Adam...husband looks at wife/grandma...has a dismayed look on his face, he points to Grandma/wife's arm...daughter stares and smiles...Daughter shakes her head, smiles and pokes at the arm, husband looks resigned, Grandma/wife has got a honking big bicep....Great for holding small babies in her arms. Husband says somebody is lifting weights again. Wife/Grandma says no no I am not increasing weight it just keeps growing on its own. Husband says HUMPH!
For the most part tis true...I have not been increasing weights...just every once in a while I want to see what I can bench...you know to check for improvement. My muscles have a mind of their own! I am not meaning to look like Lucy Lawless (well a flabby old Lucy Lawless).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your just jealous because you can't even run around your desk! Boy are you in trouble with Aunt Denise/Aunt Snoozy and Grandma. And FYI I have walked on the wild side I took a big gulp out of a bottle in Aunt Snoozy's fridge. It said Grape Crush....it was Jack Daniels. AND I HAVE USED PORTA POTTYS AT THE FEAST...well sort of...I get kinda freaked by Porta Potties but I was able to go a tiny bit! You know Porta Potties are very dangerous for woman cause you got the whole splash back issue. shiver........

The Slug said...

OK, YOUR HEADLINE BANNER ROCKS !!!!
Now if I may expound on it a little !!I think in the center of each pretty little flower, you should put a face shot . Maybe for starters ME, the slug,Big Daddy. D-Goddess,fattymfats.the hubby,babytoes.This...(let me explain, in case you are slow)indicates how you "RUN OVER " your family !!! hahahahaaa
Just kidding you are wonderful and we love you.
However I think the Pictures would personalize it and would be cute !!!
Or could put grandkids up there !!

Virginia said...

You are right about port-a-potties...the State Board of Health should check them out instead of eating places!!! I, for one, annonced in a loud voice to the line waiting to get in.."I DIDN'T DO IT!!" it was such a mess and my reputation was at stake!!! I do not do outside eating either.so NO Feast of the Hunters Moon for me.with bugs, bees and ants!!!

Amy said...

Your kids are really mean to you Kim. Maybe you should cut them out of your will!

Unknown said...

Big Daddy just likes to poke the bear.....sometimes the bear bites him.hahahahahahahah