Monday, October 30, 2006

Yes Another Boring List

10 WAYS I KNOW I AM GETTING STRONGER

1. I do not think about stopping and calling a cab while I am out on a run.
2. I feel like puking, passing out and laying down in the road when I get to the top of the hill but I manage to refrain.
3. I was able to do math in my head while running (how may candy bars will this earn me for the weekend) (calculating whether this run could give me a calorie deficit for the day)
4. I am able to utter 4 word sentences periodically.
5. After a run I do not feel like someone took a ball bat and worked me over.
6. I am starting to think about time instead of just "Okay I just got to finish the route...it does not matter how long it takes"
7. I don't want to roll into a fetal position and cry at the thought of doing the Mini.
8. I don't have to wear my lucky shorts to run. I am relying on my own strength..not the supernatural powers of my faded old blue mens' gym shorts (neither do I need my lucky underwear or lucky socks..okay maybe my lucky socks)
9. My jeans have gotten tighter in the thighs on account of my awesome thigh mass increase...NO IT IS NOT FAT...OR THUNDER THIGHS...THEY ARE POWER THIGHS.
10. I always look forward to my next run!

Sunday run: AWESOME 4.23 miles in 42 minutes...quite good for me! And I was not sore afterwards!

PHRASE OF THE DAY: By Abby on Saturday: "Aunt Kim you have a lot of power" ...gee out of the mouth of a babe pours truth!

No comments: