Friday, October 06, 2006

The Top of the Hill

I have this hill on my route and I have not been able to make it up without at least walking 90%. Thursday I made it and only walked a few seconds...long enough for someone to say...hey keep moving. So I made it! Granted I had to walk when I got to the top to catch my breath and I really wasn't running all that fast (more of an accelerated shuffle) but I made it! AND IT IS A BIG BIG LONG HILL! I should have listened to the advice that was given to me and just kept moving at the top and it would feel better but no not me I think I gotta walk at the top..... later on another hill I tried it and they were right it does get better if you keep going, the discomfort does subside...you just gotta tough it out. However at the time I thought I was gonna die if I did not walk...so once again my mind suckered me...... But success over all. The 5 mile route I did had very very few walk breaks...one after I actually sprinted up a little hill....one at the top of the GIANT hill and one little walk right before the last mile and half. So good for me. I just feel like I am getting stronger....I hope it was not just a fluke and it is actual progress. Once I get stronger then I will work on speed. I also found that if I eat something before going out in the morning I feel so much better. But I have to eat just the right amount, not to little, not to much. Usally dinner at 6:30 pm. is my last food for the day...no snacks...so that is along time to go without eating and having to work that hard (5 miles for some people is not hard..for me it is). So when I got up I had 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter and two dry pieces of light wheat toast. The peanut butter it eaten NOT on the bread...why you ask because when it comes to peanut butter toast I am an addict...so I can have peanut butter and I can have toast but NEVER NEVER NEVER TOGETHER. My new favorite kick start for my morning on just general workout days is 1 Tablespoon honey. 60 calories...no fat and I have my diabetes controlled enough that it does not whack my sugar to badly. I need to test again today just to make sure. Spinning and Power Hour this morning was awesome..though could not do jumping jacks b/c my knee hurt. After the Pumpkin Push I will take a week or two and run 1 day a week and do the eliptical two days a week to give my knee a rest. I will still do the other classes though! Then it is start working hard for the Mini Marathon. I am not going to stress about it. It will be a walk/run combo b/c this will be my first one and my goal is just to finish and not to get picked up by the "You are too slow bus". (minimum 18 minute mile is what you have to do to not get picked up by the bus). Okay enough about that I am sure my family members are rolling their eyes and saying "Oh my gosh...you are so boooooring.....no one cares about your stupid workouts." Or perhaps they are thinking, "I wish she would stop working out we are NEVER going to get our inheritance at this rate." Well FYI family I am spending ALL of your inheritance at the Dollar Store this weekend.
Well that's all for now....lunch time....peanut butter sandwich (yes I can have a sandwich it is toast that I can't have...there is nothing more delicious then crunchy toast with the peanut butter all warm and gooey), some cauliflower with a tablespoon and a half of low fat ranch, a big apple and some pretzels as a treat!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Kim, your blog seriously needs a makeover. Let me and Suzie make it pretty. (We'll do it free of charge.)

Unknown said...

I have nothing exciting because my children sucked the very life and joy out of my soul. I am now just an empty shell of a woman. I can barely walk and talk from the trauma of raising my young. I can't even afford therapy to heal myself because my children forced me into poverty with their constant request for food and clothing oh and bond money.

m said...

OMG I love the new blog design. Kudos to the artist of it. (even if they sucked the life out of you) BTW I love the before and after photo. You don't need to lose anymore weight.