Saturday, October 28, 2006

Wow So Much Going On!

Household (boooooring): Last Saturday got 1/2 of the privacy fence up. Fencing is not easy and I soon was very bored with it. Thank goodness my son in law came over to help and relieved me from the job. I have no concept of what is straight, neither do I understand the concept of a level....so I heard a lot of "Kim are you holding that up straight?" and my poor poor suffering husband heard alot of "I dunno". So I think he was every bit as relieved as I was when Lucas showed up. I also now have a bedroom door again! My weapon of mass destruction (Lizzie my sweet teddy bear looking dog)http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1216/1437/1600/dog.0.jpg completely chewed and clawed my bedroom door up. So it came off and we had to go doorless for awhile till we figured out what we were going to do. Our solution is that she is now locked in the laundry room while we are gone (Zedo however can be free) and my husband has reinforced the door frame with metal so she can't claw her way out. We have tried baby gates but she leaps over them effortlessly and if we put them up higher she snakes under...she completely flattens her body and goes under...it is amazing. So unless I have a babygate 5 foot high a baby gate will not stop my dog/gazelle. Oh and Zedo is not allowed in the living room without parental supervision...ever since he violated my gym bag by PEEING on it I have lobbied to have him banned from the living room. I was met halfway and now he can only go in there while supervised. DOGS ARE MORE TROUBLE THEN KIDS! Adam, Tyson and Carissa have yet to pee on my gym bag....though Adam tried to pee on my couch!

Tyson: Won his Superbowl! He did awesome and his name was called over the loudspeaker twice for tackles. Grandma was at the fence cheering him on! I know football players are not suppose to look cute...but by golly he does. Tyson don't forget to put November 11 on you calendar and I will pick you up and we will go to the movie and Chuckie Cheese!

Carrissa: She took a little wobbly step toward Grandma! Look out Brad and Natalie when she is completely mobile you will not ever sit down.

Adam: What a guy...my heart just fills with love everytime I think of him. He loves his Grandpa so much! He just lays in his Grandpa's arms and is just so content. He has his very first Halloween coming up and he is going to be a little skeleton. He is coming to Grandma's to trick treat and he is getting a can of Good Start Soy Formula for his trick or treat bag...and a owl rattle. Grandma bought him M&Ms too but I will have to be his M&M Proxy...too bad.......

Running: Ohhh my favorite part. Since I have been running with others I have been improving so much...not that it would be hard to improve as I STINK, but hey progress is progress. I did my Thursday run which is somewhere between 5 and 5 1/2 and I only stopped ONE time and that was at the water fountain which is a usual stop. I went up 4th Street hill and DID NOT STOP (granted I was slow as molasses)AND I did not stop when I got to the top and I made it up the two smaller hills on the way back. WOW. All I can say it I am so thankful for the encouragement I got from Jeff, Leo and Karen. No stopping for Kimmie whooooo hooooooo I am Athena Goddess of the Chubby Runner. Best of all I have no residual pain! I am gearing up for the Mini and under advisment have decided to add a 4th day of running which means I am going to have to cut something from my workout and after reviewing my workout it appears spinning will have to go. Why I chose spinning was because it is mostly legs and power hour is total body.

Swimming: So much improvement. I am even proud of myself and I am never never never proud of myself. My hope is to do and entire lap without taking that little break at the end...but at least now I can take a 30-60 second break and then go again...use to be I could not even make it 1/2 of the way down without stopping. Now don't get me wrong I still whine and complain during the Aqua power hour but I can whine and participate now. Usually I whine about the excessive amount of splashing and waves that the good swimmers make. Sigh...they never feel sorry for me and Jill just says for me to get moving (I love that girl..she has been a world of encouragement to me!).

WEDDING: One week from today my son Jamie will be married to a most wonderful girl. I am so happy that he found someone that he loves so deeply. I will be heading off to sunny Floriday on Thursday morning, on Saturday I will watch my son pledge his love to the future mother of my grandchildren. Jamie don't forget a woman can never have to many grandchildren and Adam, Tyson and Carissa need cousins...is that a subtle hint or what.....

WARNING: IF A NIECE CALLS AND STARTS THE CONVERSATION WITH "Aunt Kim" in soft conjoling voice. HANG UP AND DON'T ANSWER IF SHE CALLS BACK! What happens when you take a phone call like that is: You end up staying out late two Friday nights in a row, standing out in the rain and the cold, and walking people thru a very dark dark haunted mansion while wearing a black robe. Just kidding Amber I had a great time doing this with you!

No comments: