Sunday, October 15, 2006

There were no Tears Shed that Day

Pumpkin Push 10k: 1 hour 11 minutes 20 seconds. Average Pace per mile 11:29.
Okay not the best I could have done but there were no tears, no thoughts of quitting and I did not think I was going to die. All in all I am not too depressed about the results. I took the big hill in the beginning very well. Did not stop...completed the first mile at 11:10 minutes (which included the big hill so I am very okay with that!). But at some point in the 2nd mile I lost it. I just got kinda freaked and panicked and next thing I new I was walking. I waited for the two woman behind me to catch up with me and then I started pacing with them and I was fine again. I told them I was so glad they were here because I needed to be paced and that I do not do well by myself. They welcomed me to their group and I stayed with them for a little while. However, I got ahead of them and then noticed I was by myself again and started feeling like I was having trouble controlling my breathing again so slowed to a walk. I heard yells from the behind me. It was the ladies that were previously pacing me. They were yelling for me to "GET GOING" I love these woman! Then I heard yells from the other side of the road. It was my friends from the Y they were on the route back. They said "Keep going Kim! I told them when they finished to send someone back to bring me in. Soon Ifound another lady ahead of me had to work to get her but caught up with her and paced with her. Thanked her for being there...she said glad for the company. She was a previous heavy smoker that quit and found her way to fitness. She said the nicest thing to me. She asked me if I weight trained. I said that I did and then she said I HAD AWESOME CALF MUSCLES and she would LOVE to have definition like I have. I stayed just a little ahead her for awhile. Then before I knew it I was by myself again (notice I have actually at this point passed 3 people! Go Kim! Inever pass anyone!) once I discovered I was by myself again. I felt like I could not catch my breath again and started walking (my walking never was more then 1 minute at a time). I saw my friend Katherine ahead of me...now Katherine has made it her mission to beat me in the chute....she was ahead of me the entire time and she would keep looking back...she was walking/sprinting/joggin ...she wanted to keep tabs on where I was and everytime I would get close to her she would quit walking and start sprinting. We were in the last mile and I knew I had to beat Katherine because I could not let her have her fondest wish.... However I was getting tired and I had to PEE really really bad (which I had to from the beginning but was afraid to go because I would miss the gun). So just when I thought I could not possible pick it up and beat her in the chute Jeff appeared. He had come back for me! He said come on Kim less then 1/2 mile you can do this and it appeared...my energy....the finish line. Goodby my dear friend Katherine! I will see you at the finish line...I will be waiting for you and I PASSED KATHERINE! Whoooo HOOOOOOOO.....My husband said I kicked it in...he has a picture of me kicking it in which I will not post because it is UGLY! I look like I am in the throes of death. But I am posting a picture of me near mile two and where Jeff picked me up to get me going again. All in all a good time! I know I can do better though! I just have to train more intense! Final results I was not last or next to last there were 5 people behind me this time! My husband came to the race with me...baby Adam, his mother and father were at the finish line for me, my friends at the Y were waiting at the finish line for me...oh how I long for the day when they don't have to wait at the finish line for me! Well enough time blogging for now I am suppose to be getting ready for church!

No comments: