Sunday, April 08, 2007

ANNOYING ISSUES and DAMAGE I HAVE DONE

It is true. I am a walking Shleprock and I have PMS misery:

1) Burnt popcorn at work so that our entire office reeked and people kept asking what was that smell.
2) Been canceled by my homeowners insurance due to our being the victim of vandalism
3) Been denied by companies because of my vandalism claim
4)Possible lost a parking permit (that does not belong to me) (not sure if I lost it or it was never given to me). I had to go up and beg a replacement before the person I borrowed it from gets back in town...but not even sure if she even gave it to me or we just talked about it....grrrrr
5)Got pulled over by the police for speeding...though I did not get a ticket but a stern talking too.
6) Was publicly humilated by being pulled over as it was on 4th Street and numerous people I knew saw me and passed the word around.
7) When getting pulled over told the police that my purse was in my trunk...so had to open my trunk...which then everyone that passed me thought my car was getting searched
8) Had to have baked potato while my husband had bacon. This cause alot of emotional distress. Further distressed when baked steak day I had baked fish. (I need to lose 10-15 more pounds)
9)Have lost numerous things this week that I have just laid down for a MOMENT!
10) Had a doctor's appointment for a check up. Despite losing weight I have a severe doctor/scale phobia.
12) My car needs lubed so my car creaks and moans the entire time I am driving it...It is annoying and embarrassing
13) Been generally cranky and short tempered and not willing to joke or kid around....my poor husband has had to bear the brunt of this as he has been in a playful mood and I HAVE NOT! He was joking with me the entire walk we took on Monday and all I did was whine and snarl at him. I say this to him "DO NOT POKE THE BEAR"
14) Found out I have to pay 830 in federal taxes despite us claiming 0 exemptions. Does it not stand to reason if you are claiming 0 that you should at least break even?
AND FINALLY FINISHED OFF MY WEEK WITH THE FINALE
15) Almost killed my dog and injured my husband.....I gave her a piece of chicken breast..which normally she would eat no problem(yes I know you are not suppose to give the dog table food but she is in kidney failure and has a bad thryoid and has lost tons of weight and we have to get her to eat anyway we can...and she turns her nose up at the very expensive food we bought from the vet that is suppose to help her...so she is losing even more weight) Well come to find out that she is losing teeth...we found one on the floor the other day.....so she could not chew up the chicken breast chunk that I give it to her and she swallowed it whole...where it got stuck....she was heaving, frothing at the mouth, gasping so hard her rib cage was totally sunken in and dying in front of my eyes. My husband (who stays cool in the throes of trauma) tried to give her doggie heimlech (spelling?) and then he and I turned her upside down and shook her...nothing...she was frothing at this time...he tried to pull it out but it was too far down her throat...which when he was doing this got bit very hard!. Finally he prayed and then started rubbing her throat trying to push it up and then she gagged and coughed it up. I was terrified! After this we determined that she likely has not been eating the expensive dry stuff because she can't chew the hard pieces... she does not have many back teeth...however those canines are sharp and still there...that is proven by the holes in Jerry's hand! So now she is on wet dog food and I am not giving her any table food unless it has been put through the blender first. Suprisingly enough she still loves me after my attempted doggie manslaughter. Poor girl...she is such a sweet loving dog!
This was not a good week for a woman with major PMS issues!

My runs were good this week.
3.25 miles on Tuesday...no stopping to walk
5 miles on Thursday no stopping to walk (though it was a tremendous feat just to drag my rear out of bed...the only reason I did was that I cannot tick off the one person that is going to help me thru the mini)
10.85 miles yesterday. There absolutely WAS walking during this one. I also have determined there is not one place in town to go where I am not going to get hills. I did not set out till 8:30 a.m. so it was very hard for me because I am not use to running at this time of day. I am an under the cover of darkness person. The sun never hits my face. So I was contending with Mr. Sun in my eyes and baking down on the top of my head AND people staring at me. They were probably wondering if they should stop and call for medical help as I am sure I looked like I was dying. I also made the mistake of taking gatorade with me which made me cramp up really bad. The last time I drank gatorade was at the Zoo Run and it did the exact same thing to me. I guess I better just stick to water and lifesavers for the sugar. I am also tring to find a little bottle to transport honey as my stomach can handle that. I always eat a tablespoon of honey before my Thursday runs.

Well I better get cooking. I invited a few people over for dinner and I don't think they will be impressed if I served bologne sandwiches and pringles. So I better get the turkey breast cooking.

2 comments:

m said...

Ummm, I think (can it be possible) that you've had a worse PMS week than I've had.

though my new bed is to be delivered on Thursday the same day as the start of my period....need I say more?

Lets hope we have a better week soon!

Runner Susan said...

omg - i didn't get a booklet. was everyone supposed to get one yesterday?