Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Gnawing My Arm Off

I am making a valiant effort to lose 20 pounds. So far 5 down and not one but two people noticed! Now that is a morale booster. One person mentions in then you think yeah right who can tell, but two people...now that is validation...go Kimmie! However, the side effect of attempting to lose weight is an unending hunger. I am so hungry I could gnaw my arm off...except for I got one big honking bicep and I think it might be a little stringy and tough. I woke up in the middle of the night starving and just had to lay in bed because I HAD enough to eat at dinner and there was no reason for me to eat anything else. So I laid in bed and counted the hours till I could get up and have a cup of carb controlled hot chocolate...very little fat, trace sugar.... but very yummy. These are the following changes I have made to try to shed some of my fatness....keep in mind...small changes...because I am already suffering in my yummy food deprived life: Red Meat once a week...fish, chicken and pork the rest, gave up my whipped cream on my sugar free pudding, make my sugar free pudding with 1 cup of skim milk and 1 cup of water (instead of 2 cups milk), count my pretzels for snacks..I get 25 mini pretzels (20 is a serving but I really love pretzels), not eating my weight in desserts on the weekends, avoiding multiple dining out experiences on the weekend, No bacon at all during the weekdays...Wed is always eggs and bacon night...I have eggs and whole wheat pasta and vegtables, No more graham crackers, resumed afternoon walks at work, and finally I do not go back for mulitple helpings of meat under the "I need protein to make me run faster theory" (this theory has been proven utterly useless but I still insisted on standing by it!)Those are my changes and while they are not much I am grateful that the scales have gone down 5 pounds and am anxious to see the other pounds follow behind it.
Signing off
Food Deprived and Suffering!
SOS: I need a cookie!

No comments: