Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Busy Life

The Penalty for waking up Grandma at 6:00 am. His first 5k walk!


Yesterday 3 mile run (in the middle of the afternoon no less) granted it was on the treadmill but that I actually followed thru with a missed morning workout was amazing! Then 8 mile bike ride in the evening. As you may or may not know, my daughter in law had open heart surgery a month ago. She has had a rough recovery but hopefully is on the mend. This week I took a vacation week to give her sister a break. Her sister has been absolutely fabulous coming over every day to help take care of Nat and the baby. I have been going over on Tuesday and Friday mornings which means no morning workout...which equals flabby thighs and tummy. Today my plan is to swim after I leave their house today. Tomorrow morning her sister will be coming in the morning so I don't miss my climate run and I need to go get my drivers license reviewed.





Lessons I have learned:





After the mini do not get pumped up and do even more workouts then normal. I did this because I was suffering from the mini high...now I am paying for it with sore knees. I am having to ice, wrap, and stretch because the hog jog is coming up and I don't want to miss it.





Babies do not care if you are tired when they wake up when it is time to get up it is time to get up (you would think I would remember that after 3 children...but the memory fades).....and they do it so cute how can you not get up. I made the BIG error of bringing Adam to bed with me at 3:00 am. At 6:00 am he stuck his little face in mine and when I ignored him he pulled himself up on me....by my hair. Okay so I was awake at that point. He had coffee with Grandma then he did a 5K walk. Matter of fact he took total walks over the weekend of 6 miles....go Adam!



Tyson: Has informed me he wants to do the Mini when he is 12 and he needs to start training. This should be interesting as he hates running. However, I have done and will do the Mini for 2008, his paternal Grandma said she is doing the mini now, and his uncle and brother will be doing it next year...so Ty has the Mini fever. He has asked me to start coming over to take him for little runs...I will keep you posted. I advised him that it is hot, sweaty and hard to run...he says he does not care...so Tyson get ready.....

Oops time to get to Nat's...will post more later...suffice to say...I need to get some hard workouts in because the Hog Jog is right around the corner.

1 comment:

m said...

After my one and only half marathon I couldn't run for weeks. Ok maybe it was months. It killed me, hence no more of those.

At least with grandkids you can give them back later. I've actually hid in a darkened room from my kids. They never look for Daddy for some reason. Just me.