Sunday, February 26, 2006

Soreness from Head to Toe

Friday was an awesome boot camp class. Not one part of my body was dry! The result extremely sore and stiff body. By last night I didn't even want to move. I just laid in my recliner and even if I moved a leg it hurt. AWESOME CLASS! Today I aim to get outside for a little run even if it hurts and I know it will. Yesterday I went to do the split times for the Y 10K run. Those people are inspiring. Some of the people are so fast and strong they just whipped by me without appearing to be in any pain and discomfort. Others you could tell were giving everything they had! Some of the people were quite surprising. One little man who looked to be at least in his mid 60's was hauling butt and in the top 20. He certainly did not look like the "average runner" but boy did he move. During the entire race I was eaten up with envy because I too would like to be at the level. I will just keep working at it...maybe by the end of the year I will be ready for the 10k pumpkin push but unless I can get my foot healthy and strong by then it won't happen. But I am going to continue working and stretching that foot and be persistant. I LOVE WATCHING RUNNERS! They all have different styles. It is just AMAZING...The one thing I noticed you will hardly ever see a chubby woman out there but you see alot of chubby men??? Any insight on this? I myself am still a chubby woman and I feel very out of place because almost always I am one of the larger woman on runs. Maybe that is why? The chubby woman feels out of place while a chubby man will huff and puff and not give a darn what people think??? I say STAND UP WOMAN OF CHUB AND JOIN ME! COME HUFF AND PUTT AND SWEAT WITH ME SO I DO NOT STAND ALONE IN MY FIGHT FOR HEALTH AND FITNESS.

Okay off my rampage about the plight of the chubby woman and back to the race I don't know why I had to do split times because the people that were interested in time had their own watch and despite my giving their times they looked at their watch anyway. I think alot of people did not care about split times...just finishing and final time. At any rate aside from being eaten up with envy I had a fun time. They have one more training run which is a 15k. I think I will sign up to work that one also.

After the race I stopped by to see my grandchildren. Just one was at home and she was actually awake. The last times I have gone over she has been in some kind of baby stupor where you could not wake her for anything. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GIRL SHE IS. She gave me the cutest little baby smile when I picked her up and I just held her and my heart was filled with love.

We were suppose to have a birthday party for my husband last night but alas he is sick. So we have rescheduled it for tonight. Hopefully he will be adequately recovered. You really must be in good health in order to have family gathering with our family because we are a loud and rowdy group. Almost all of us take aspirin in anticipation of our gatherings. We laugh and insult and laugh some more.

Blah it is timed to get dressed, taped, braced and go outside for a run. I think since I ate mostly junk yesterday that this is going to be a difficult run! Please send thoughts of fastness and strength to me as I battle thru this run!!!

No comments: