Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Iron Maiden

I am slowly trying to turn myself into the "Iron Maiden" Saturday I did not one, not two but three exercise classes (back to back). One was Step...which I stink at! When everyone was on one side of the step I was on the other! I have no coordination and I looked like some strange puppet with my arms flailing around in the air...it was not pretty. Next body shop class which I was much more successful at. And finally tra la la la la SPINNING CLASS! After that I went to the grocery store, came home, put the groceries away, then took a TWO HOUR NAP! Bad Kim! Sunday I rested. Monday back up to SPIN and then to boot camp class. Tuesday 35 minutes on precor and 45 minutes of lifting. Wednesday 30 minutes on treadmill doing a 5 minute walk 5 minute jog program then 45 minutes of Aqua Power Hour (again something I stink at). Tomorrow is Precor/Lifting and Friday Spinning/Boot Camp. Saturday I am getting a remedial swim lesson from a very kind person at the Y that feels sorry for me because I am so terrified of getting my head under the water. Then hopefully after that will do a step class or some precor. No other classes though because I am going on a shopping trip out of town with the the girls. Perhaps Sunday I will take a bike ride! Okay enough about my BORING BORING exercise agenda...

Shopping :ToysR Us had some awesome clearance buys!!! Thanks to Melissa the Almighty Clearance Shopping Queen I got like $200 worth of toys for like $20.00.

Food: Being good and incredibly proud of myself because I have avoided eating ANY of the carrot cake that has been gracing my kitchen table. Current food cravings...Golden Delicious Apples. My poor husband has suffered this week. He had Chicken and Fish all in the same week. His vegtable intake is very poor...ONE serving of vegtables a day and that is not willingly!

Family: My neice's wedding is drawing near. I am taking my husband to get fitted for his tux tomorrow night. He will be quite handsome in his tux! As most men, he is less then thrilled about wearing a tux but I think it is good for a man to dress up once in awhile. My niece is stilling requesting doves and my sister has still declined to purchase (rent???) doves. I told her we could go to Meijers and by Parakeets for a couple bucks and it would be a whole lot cheaper then doves...we could even dust them in flour so they look white. Nobody appreciates my help!
Hopefully Sunday I will get to stop buy and see my grandchildren...I really miss them!

Clothing: Remember the coat (white and black with black fur collar)I was soooo excited about puchasing (on clearance no less) well I have been advised by more then one person that the coat makes me appear to be.....ummm somewhat of a woman of loose morals. I still thought I looked beautiful AND pure until a man in the our building asked if I had ever been to Vegas. Now I don't know if maybe he thought A] I looked like a Vegas Show Girl and was in town on vacation B]Was propositioning me and offering me a trip to Vegas because he was awe struck by my incredible beauty C]Was just making general conversation or D]Thought I was for sale and he thought a weekend jaunt to Vegas would be fun! At any rate I have removed the fur collar from the coat which has substantially toned down the coat and now I look like the prim and proper office worker I am!

Housework: I have decided that I need a maid ..which I cannot afford. So I guess I will continue to disregard the disorganization and filth that surrounds me. My husband says I have too many irons in the fire so I have decided to remove that item from my fire...current irons in fire...training for a 10k, blogging, whining (which really takes no effort on my part because I am so good at it), reading, learning to swim, oh and wife, mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, and Aunt.

Phrase of the Day: "Don't you feel like we just ripped off Toys R Us?" From Melissa the Almighty Clearance Shopping Queen.

3 comments:

The Slug said...

Melissa !!! if you are lurking in a corner ready this, WHILE you're suppose to working ,,,
HEAR THIS I for one don't want size 4 people Talking on even another persons blog !!!!
Go back and chew your diet gum !!!!
smile....
May the fat fairy, put a pox upon you while you are asleep in your size 4 skivies !!!

The Slug said...

Dear Miss size 4
See you have boggled my mind !! see all the typos I made ???
ready=reading
Working=work
Your fault, all of it !!!
I think you should start a blog and give us info on how to be thin !!!!
Will we listen ? ....not..

The Slug said...

Dear Iron Maiden
You are wonderfull
Keep up the good work !!!
I don't know where you get the time or energy to do all the things you fit into your life.
You family is so special..
Do you have a mother.. You don't speak of her often