Wednesday, July 05, 2006

And to Jail He Went Jiggity Jig

Good Company, Good Food, Good Fireworks, Theft...we had it all! Theft??? Hmmm I bet you might be a tad curious as to that. My neice had driven over and come into the house carrying her 2 year old nephew since she was only going to be in the house long enough to lay him on the couch she left her purse in the car. When she came out their was a young man in her car. He could have been between the age 17-21. But I think probably closer to the younger end. He sees her comes out and backs out of the car and bends over his bike which was laying right next to the car. She starts yelling and he starts yelling back at her (why he did not take off at this point I don't know). He calls her many names which I won't blog and says she is only accusing him because he is black. Of course his being IN Amanda's car had nothing whatsoever to do with her accusing him of stealing! He keeps yelling at her (and keeps up the name calling) and says "Man, I was just fixing the chain on my bike." My husband hears Amanda yelling and runs outside and goes over to the car. The young man at this point tries to ride off. My husbands says, "Dude you are not going anywhere" He then proceeds to tell yell and scream at my husband telling him, "You don't know who you are dealing with". Meanwhile Amanda is gathering the contents of her purse together, which were strewn over her car seat. While she is taking inventory I told the guy if you didn't take anything empty your pockets. He glares at me and pats his pockets and says I don't have anything. I told him don't just pat your pockets down empty them. Meanwhile Amanda has determined that all her money and cards were still there. The guy's aggressiveness and agitation increases and my husband takes a closer step. I then get worried because I don't want my husband to get into an altercation so I step between them. Probably not so smart on my part, but I come from a long line of hillbilly women and sometimes we think we are badder then what we probably are. Meanwhile inside the ranch, G-Ma C is calling 911 and giving a totally accurate description to the police (including earring in ear...how observant is she? I think she should be a dispatcher) My husband finally tells the guy (since he did not actually get anything) to get going and to not come around here anymore. The guy rides off (on the bike that supposedly had a chain problem) just in time for our LPD to turn the corner and go in "pursuit mode" They catch him and lo and behold he has an outstanding warrant for him. So jiggity jig off to jail he goes. No fireworks for him!
Here are my thoughts on this event:

Race: Our family does not care if you are white, black or purple. We don't like it when people get in our car and try to steal our poker money.

Why He Picked the Wrong House/Car
A. We have a woman that can spend 24/7 on the telephone. She can dial 911 faster then people can says 911. She is also cranky and has been just looking to call the cops on someone.

B. A neighborhood full of elderly people and he picked that car that was right in front of the house that was hosting a party of redneck, hillybilly, PMSing (for the women), mentally deranged men and women (and that is the nice side of the family).

C. We are armed. My men they love their weapons...guns, knives, and bows. The woman in our family can improvise weapons...a bat, a shovel, a broom...we will pick up anything within our reach and strike with it, and if we can't find something most of us will kick as we have legs as strong as donkey legs (on account of all the shopping we do)....as for myself I can swing a mean meat hammer and I got legs that could probably kick that guy clean into next week (thanks to the leg press, squats, and calf raises).

D. He was only going to get $7.00 in cash.

So all in all a poor choice of victim made by this young man! He was probably safer with the police as our family as a "mob mentality" (not as in "The Mob" find youself with cement shoes but "mob" as you get one of us worked up we all get worked up!)

2 comments:

m said...

you made my day! Kinda sounds like our house, (though I'm the only one ever pmsing)

Once while I was watching tv (at 4pm) some kid and his girlfriend park on the street, he gets out and walks into our yard. He starts to pull out my tulips (it was mother's day) I get our bbgun (which looks like a real rifle..the real stuff is locked in the basement) and I come out yell at him, he ignores me and starts walking away with my tulips (bulbs still attached) I pull the gun up and aim and he finally drops the flowers and walks to the car. Then he and girlfriend slowly drive off. Barely fazed.

Virginia said...

I am a peace-at-any-cost lady. I am glad I was not there...my pacemaker would have overloaded!!!Poor thief..he just needs Jesus like the rest of us. But I would have called 911 because the law was given for law-breakers!!!!! Other than that I am glad a good time was had by all!!