Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hard to Top the Thief but Things I Found Funny

1) Brad saying (while we are blowing off our fireworks), "Next year we should post a sign out front that says CAUTION IDIOTS AT PLAY." This gets PHRASE OF THE DAY!
2) Seeing the firework committee dive for safety as their firework flipped sideways. FYI this year's firework committee :Jerry, Brad, James, Lucas, Roger (head firework lighter), and newest member for 2006...Amber.
3) Watching Tyson as he looked longingly upon the Firework Committee. He so wants to be on the committee and can't be till at LEAST age 12! At age 12 you still only have a limited responsiblity level. He stands on the very edge of the safety zone and just looks so excited. He is our firework committee apprentice. He gets to take the fireworks to the fire works table and hand some fireworks to a committee member.
4) Seeing the excited faces as I hand out glow sticks bracelets.....the excited faces were from the grownups.
5) Seeing and HEARING Abby (age 3) tearing into the house sreaming, "Ahhhhhh its too loud....I need cotton for my ears"
6) Carissa's face when the non noisy just sparkly firework went off...she just looked sort of mesmerized. Had that Snake Charmer kinda look on her face.
7) Tyson saying and sounding very disappointed that, "No one caught on fire this year" He was referring to last year when a little spark started to smolder on Roger's pants.
8) Mom saying something about someone thinking she is crazy because????? I did not get that part but then Tasha says "No thats not why we think your crazy".
9) Hearing Jamie tell his Grandma "Sorry I took you out" during the poker game. I told him there is no apologizing to Grandmas at the poker table. Also new poker rule established: no kissing at the poker table unless you are going to kiss all the poker players.
And finally NUMBER 10 and my VERY VERY FAVORITE
10) Jamie a/k/a Big Daddy lobbing a handful of fireworks at Aunt Denise's feet in my kitchen....she freaks, screams and kicks them away (see prior entry with regard to legs as weapons). They were not lit! Hahhaha I laughed my rear off. She is bad bad bad about self preservation as she kicked the fireworks away from her but toward other people. I have to say I am VERY IMPRESSED with her reaction time...those fireworks had not even stopped and she had them kicked away!

So many other funny things that it would take hours to right them down...those were just some of my favorites from this year.
Touching my heart: Hearing Abby saying, "kimmie I need a kiss before I go home" and getting a big big bug hug from Tyson when he left.

2 comments:

SRR said...

Cotton...now that's a solution I need to try.

Virginia said...

I would agree with Abby...please pass the cotton!! Or zanex or whatever is on hand for nerves ...!!!!!!