Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Food, Fairs, Birthdays and Hotness

Happy One Day Before their Birthdays to Grandma Casey and Tasha!
I am cooking Tasha her birthday dinner tonight which I hope she will enjoy!
Chicken and Noodles
Mashed Potatoes
GreenBeans
Broccoli/Carrots
Deviled Eggs
Apple Pie.

The Y is closed and I am having Y withdrawl. Monday morning a few of the diehard Y members met in the parking lot and we did a little bootcamp class. About 1 1/2 mile run..which I started out so strong and then just petered out...probably because I was still recovering from my totally crappy Sunday, my ears were plugged, my eyes were burning, could not stop coughing...sounds like an allergy things...anyway after that Mike attempted to lead us in a follow the leader run...however 3 of his 4 followers quit running and started walking , yes I was one of them, so he reevaluated and we did sprints. Which I did most we11! We then did a obstacle course run (5 times) which included run a small set of steps, run down a hill, go across the monkey bars and then do some chin ups (or try), run up the hill and start over with the steps...etc.... A good workout and thanks to Mike for leading us and to Jill for suggesting that we all get together to do this. Tuesday I was suppose to run which turned into a 1 1/2 mile run and a 1 1/2 mile walk. My left knee was bothering me...not that it hurt so much as just felt "used up" and kinds of creaky so that is why I started walking. Today was 6 1/2 mile bike ride, which I enjoyed tremendously! I would have rode longer but ran out of time. I did notice that my heart rate never gets up except if I hit some hills so probably need to pick a route with more hills. Tomorrow may be a 3 mile run if my knee feels good, Then Friday meeting back up at the Y and then Saturday morning going to try for three miles. Next week is the Jubiliee Run on Saturday so I am going to only do 3 miles on Tuesday and 3 on Thursday and then the run on Sunday and if I feel like it another 3-4 on Sunday...then it is back on track and have to get those long runs back in because the Pumpkin Push is right around the corner.

Food went better last weekend then it has in the past but still need to get much more control. Friday night I did awesome though! (Did I mention that my weekends start on Friday after I get off work?) I even did good at the fair when I went last night (for me that is, because fair food brings out the gluttonous side of Kim). I had a ribeye sandwhich and yes I ate the grease soaked bun!! Ymmmmy. Also had a milkshake and a small back of popcorn (no butter though). I finished off my evening with a salad so I could get my vegatables. I was so going to get an elephant ear but the line was LONG. I decided it was not worth a 30 minute wait to get something I should not be eating in the first place...and I passed on the foot dog corn dog ( I do so love corndogs) because it cost $5.00. I can't believe it but Frugal Kim actually beat out Gluttenous Kim! Kim at the fair is very much like Templeton at the fair (Charlotte's Web). If you don't remember the scene where he is at the fair I encourage you to watch Charlotte's Webb and picture my head on Templeton's body!!!!

Time to go suffer and eat my cauliflower...it is very hard to enjoy raw vegatable when you know there are noodles, mashed potatoes and pie awaiting me at home. I suffer...oh how I suffer and all this suffering and I DON'T EVEN LOOK HOT I JUST LOOK AVERAGE.....surely as hard as I work I should look like Jessica Simpson...perhaps I really do I am just seeing a distorted image in my mirror at home??? Hmmm I will go home tonight and ask my darling if he thinks I am as hot as Jessica Simpson? Do you think he will say yes??? Hmmmm I am thinking if he does not want baked chicken every night for the next six months he better say, "Oh baby you are much hotter then Jessica Simpson" Sigh....its a good thing I like chicken......sigh

2 comments:

Virginia said...

I am glad I am old and do not care if I look like Jessica or Madonna .I DO care about my hair tho..getting a perm tomorrow, on my BD....Kim you look wonderful..so full of ENERGY !!! Oh to be young again!! When I was young I could outrun BOYS!!!!!!But I had a hard time CATCHING them!! Oh well..

SRR said...

Oh no, no, no! Not suffering through veges! Think "I LOVE these!!" And, well JS is over rated. No worries there.