Thursday, July 20, 2006

I LOVE THE CALORIE COUNT AND MENTAL HURDLE

I have decided I need to get serious and try to get another 25 pounds off. This is not for shallow cosmetic reasons but rather shallow I want to run faster reasons. I found www.calorie-count.com and it is AWESOME. You put in all your information and then you can start logging in your food (great database of foods)and it calculates calories etc... you can also put in your activity and it gives a general idea of calories burned. As of lunch I am operating on a calorie deficit....go Kim go. Check it out it is AWESOME.

Exercise: Yeah Baby almost 5 miles (a little less then 1 hour)and no walking....in 77 degrees with 88% humity. After checking the tempeture the original plan was to do the treadmill but I need to learn to overcome my fear of the heat and jump that mental hurdle. So outside it was! I told myself no walking unless I broke something (and it would have to be a lower extremity item...arms, fingers etc...keep running) or a diabetic coma and no CRYING on the route. One of the guys at the Y was talking about increasing your discomfort level and boy did I do that! I went right over the top because I COULD NOT BREATHE! I told myself to suck it up and I could breathe when I got back to the Y. I then did a little lifting after my run. I had many thought of stopping during my run but told myself I need to quit being a baby and toughen up...like my son said, I got to get out of my comfort level. (though I might add he gave this piece of advice from the SIDELINES UNDER A SHADED TREE!) However, he is 100% right! I am going to do a 5k this Saturday with another girl from the Y and my goal is for 33 minutes. It is going to be cooler but still warm so we will see......

Good day for Kim so far!

****BABY ADAM UPDATE**** Kendra just returned from her ultra sound (had another one based on the growing girth of Momma!) He is still expected to arrive the last week of August. However, as of today he weighs almost 7 pounds. We should have an over 8lb Baby Adam. Baby Adam is gonna play FOOTBALL!

3 comments:

m said...

You sound like me last year. No stopping, only running no matter what the humidity was. I did the same on a run this year, but had to stop b/c I knew something was wrong with my breathing. Just be careful.

Good luck on losing 25lbs. Don't cut out good carbs on your long run days. I'm having a hard time losing 5lbs.

Virginia said...

Concerned grandma says, hearts are important..also lungs..collapsed lungs are no fun...neither are heart attacks..Have fun but don't over do it!!!we want a real LIVE Kim around for awhile. Adam needs his grandma.Better a live fat grandma than a dead skinny one!!!!

SRR said...

5 miles running?! See how awesome you are?! I'm proud of you! Becareful with losing too much weight.