Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!

I just got my Zoo Run Run time and it was 34:23! My last 5k in December was 33.43 so I was less then 1 minute over my December run....AWESOME because it was baking hot...in the mid 80's with humidity of over 65%.... the run did not start till 8:20 am. (I despise mid morning runs)I hate the heat...I suffer in the heat...I am slow...I am sluggish ...I truely felt like I was moving in slow motion.....and I was less then a minute under my best winter time despite the adverse conditions....As usually I began the run by whining and complaining about the humitity and the burning hot sun. During the zoo run I drank gatorade. I have never ever drank gatorade but thought I needed it because of the heat. All the gatorade did was give me immense stomach cramps.. and so what did I do at the next hydration station....yes, I am stupid I picked more gatorade....stomach continued to cramp up! I thought I was going to hurl throughout the entire race. However I refrained because I did not want the people behind me( yes there WERE PEOPLE behind me...and not just the walkers...other runners/joggers as well) to have to step over my hurlage. During the whole run I had this lady in a pink hat in front of me. I would catch her then she would pull ahead...we did that the entire time till the last stretch and then I OVERTOOK HER! Yeah Kim!!! I picked my person (like I have been told to do) and pursued and overtook her...granted it took the entire race but in the end I was first thru the chute. I even gave a big push...might not have looked that way but it felt that way, to try to get in before the clock turned another second. My son said I had a horrible look on my face....that my dear boy is the look of pain and concentration! Ultimately my results from this run mean that my winter time should be much improved! I ROCK! I will keep up with the speed work...I will keep up with the tempo runs...I will keep up with the long runs...I can feel my 9.5 minute mile....it is slow close...it is just some training and a few lost pounds away. I think this all may be paying off...all the stiffness..all the cramping....all the exhaustion. I AM GOING TO OBTAIN my goal...perhaps this December..unless of course we get a heat wave in December.
FYI: I rode my bike up to the 5k run and rode my bike home afterwards...GO KIM GO!
FYI: The man in the wheelchair (from the Hog Jog) was there and he PASSED me again. I told him "Hey I was at the Hog Jog and you passed me then and now you are passing me again???" He laughed. Later I told him at the next race I was throwing some cinder blocks on his chair.
FYI: I will no longer be choosing gatorade at the hydration stations....

Baby Shower: We had Kendra's Baby shower on Saturday. She got so many lovely gifts. This baby is one lucky boy to have so many people looking forward to his arrival. He will be most cherished...especially by his Grandma Kim. Attendees were: Me, My Co-Grandma Martha, G-Ma C (a/k/a Slug), Grandma Sue, Aunt Tasha, Aunt Hee Hee, Amanda, Amber, Aunt Carol, Aunt Betty, Aunt Tina, Jenny and Sherry.

Tyson: All healed from his bike wreck...just a little pink skin on his face...other then that he is good as new! His teeth do not seem to be damaged. He is back on his bike and as rowdy as ever! No more zig zagging Ty!!!

Carrisa: Sits up all by herself! It is so cute though because when she does fall over she sort of looks like a beetle on it's back. She tips then her feet are up in the air. She is also being introduced to the wonderful world of vegatables and seems to like all the yellows...but is less then thrilled with the greens.

Sunday: My children/grandchildren/my mother, came over to my house for a belated birthday dinner. They gave me some beautiful family photos and my son James included a poem he had written. I will be posting that shortly and I will scan the pictures of my children/grandchildren. What wonderful children I have been blessed with and when I say my children I mean Kendra, Lucase, James, Tasha, Brad and Natalie.

Workout: This morning: Spinning class and about 1 1/2 mile jog.

Tomorrow: Hopefully at least 5-5 1/2 mile run and lifting

Wednesday: Swimming

Thursday: 6 sets of 1/2 mile walk/1/2 mile run for a total of 3 miles

Friday: Spinning and Power Hour

Saturday: Perhaps another 5k

Sunday: Rest

EGO LEVEL: 1,000000000% I am in danger of my head exploding!

3 comments:

m said...

Good job.

I love Gatorade and never had a problem with it. Maybe propel would be better, but I think it's the same stuff, just clear. BUT, I don't like propel water, so who knows?

Virginia said...

These days my speed is runner-up to Mr Turtle..I am going no=-where fast!! Thats ok...Let me see what YOU can do when you are 84, Kim!!! I wish you could put smiley faces on blogs!!!

SRR said...

Spectacular!! Good for you!