Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mike's Tour of Duty

Sung as Cadence: "Here we go running down the road, Big Mike telling us how fast to go, Kim drop down and give me 10 then get up and run again"
Julie our power instructor was MIA so Mike stepped up to bat. I have likely mentioned Mike over the past year. He was the one that helped me thru my first 5K (and so gratefully for that because I would have quit if not for him). I enter the gym he advises that he saw me "running" on Sunday. He asked out far I went I said 3 then a break then 4. He asked if I had taken the spinning class that morning. I affirmed that I had. He asked if I could run a little more. I say sure I can do a little more. Well a marathon runners idea of a little more and my idea of a little more or about 2 1/2 miles difference. I was thinking more like 1/2 mile. He was thinking a 5k. So off we went on what he called, "Mike's Tour of Duty". Walk a little, jog a little, run a little, then drop and do 10 pushups. We did that thru the 5k and increasing the pushups at each stop till we got to 20 pushups on our home lap. The humity was like 100%. My clothes and hair were stuck to me like glue. When I went in the Y, one of the woman said, "Hey your suppose to shower after class not during". I was dripping sweat everywhere I walked. Mike's parting words to us were, "There now you got some cushioning to eat on the 4th". He is a good instuctor and makes you push. My foot does not hurt today. I thought it might after 2 days of running. Just a little tender and my knee is talking to me. Not to bad. Today, however, it is all about the bike. I am getting ready to head out the door. I am going to ride for about an hour and 15 minutes. If I was a good girl I would then run also but I am not feeling like being a good girl today. The family will be coming over this evening for a cookout. I have my portion of food done, Jello cake, Tex Mex and Baked Beans in addition I am furnishing the hotdogs, brats and buns. I was so proud of myself because I did that all last night. I also started packing my suitcase in anticipation of my trip to Michigan this weekend. Go Kim Go way to not procratinate!
Phrase of Day" Are you going to run with the monkeys?"
***Made in reference to the upcoming Zoo Run****

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Besides all of that, you spent an hour and a half cleaning up your grandmother's computer!!!! Now that is what I call a super multi-tasker!!

Unknown said...

Aw shucks that aint nothing.