Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Highest Compliment Ever!

On Saturday I received, what I feel, is the highest compliment every: My husband says, "Kim you worked like a man" Now he did not exactly mean for me to be beaming with pride over that. He feels strongly that a woman should not have been out heaving and carting fire debris. However, as we all know I have a wee bit of testosterone mixed in with my estrogen. I was proud. I said, "Thank you honey" He shakes his head and looks sad. Poor man he will never have a wife that likes to plant flowers and sew....he has a wife that would rather till the field and herd the sheep to make the wool to make the clothes....
I told my husband that God gave me these strong legs for a reason...so that I can work and work...he says God DID NOT GIVE ME THOSE LEGS I MADE THEM......HAHAHAH
I must say I feel like a STRONG STRONG WOMAN....I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!
Man I almost feel like doing the Tarzan thing....except for I am at my office and they might think that is a bit odd.

Fire Update: No arsonist found as of yet. We have emptied 20 years of junk out of the garage and are fairly close to demolition time. I believe my son James (a/k/a Big Daddy) and his friend Chad will be coming over tonight work....and yours truely will be right by their side.
I tell you this has been the hardest physical labor I have EVER done. My Quads are killing me and my 4 1/2 mile run turned into an absolute walk/run because every time I picked up my legs it felt like I was lifting up blocks of cement. It hurts like the dickens when I climb up steps and even worse coming down steps.

Baby Adam: No baby Adam yet. I am counting down the days till August 31. It can't get here soon enough for me.

Melissa: My coworker/kinda relative was in a bad car accident. A gentleman apparently had a seizure and rear ended her. She was at a stop light and he plowed into the back of her going around 35-40 mph. He then continued on down the hill striking several other cars. Her car is totaled and she is stiff and sore but alive! What is worse then hitting an attorney's car? Hitting a attorney's crazy assistant's car!

Carissa: First tooth in and she is starting to slither all over the floor. Pretty soon she will be crawling all over....She loves the cat and she likes to grab Miss Kitty. Ms. Kitty better run fast once Carissa starts crawling. On Saturday she came and watched garage cleanup and she really enjoyed sitting outside in the yard on the blanket. She is a most precious and beautiful baby girl.

Tyson: Started back to school. I can't believe how much he is grown. What a fine young grandson I have. He is smart and funny and very loving. He was 3 years old when we first met him and now he is 8! I still remember the first time I met him. It was Halloween and his mother came by with him. He was getting kinda antsy in the yard while his Mom was talking to Brad (my son/her husband now) and I said to him, "Would you like to go with me and trick or treat a few houses." He said yes and slipped his small hand into mine and he just chattered away the whole time we were walking. I loved him from that moment on.

Exercise: No running this weekend....the weekend was rough and Saturday I did my "Man's work" Sunday I was grumpy, tired, out of sorts and actually not running made it way worse. Monday was Spinning and Power Hour
Tuesday: 4 1/2 mile walk/run and lifting
Tomorrow is up in the air. The pool at the Y is down and the water is like 76 degrees. I don't know if I want to swim in artic water. Perhaps I will attempt a short run????

Well time to go back to work....sigh....I need some vacation time away from this town....just kick back and enjoy myself time.

No comments: