Monday, August 07, 2006

Today was Better

Sunday's run was okay...especially since I had walked/run a 5k on Saturday. I did 6.5 miles. The first 3.31 miles had one walk break and that was when I got to the steep part of Main Street. Once I was up the steep part I resumed running for a total of 3.31 miles where I stopped at my son's house to get a drink from his hose. I then walked/run the next 2 miles and then steady run the final leg of the 6.5. Not bad Kimmie not bad. Today I got up and did Spinning which I ALWAYS have fun at. This particular instructor loves music from the 70's and 80's and I would take her class just cause the music. However, bonus for Kim that she is a kick butt instructor! I only did 45 minutes of spinning because I wanted to get to Power Hour on time for once...I feel bad because I hate to miss spinning but I hate to miss Power Hour....So off I went. Julie (another totally great instructor) asked if we wanted to work on strength or endurance. I told her I didn't think I had the endurance to do an endurane class but since my body had betrayed me on Saturday then I would pick endurance. Next time my body may think twice before it bales on me!. So off we went for a 2 mile run. Katherine (my 5k sidekick) starts out much faster then I do but this morning I thought there is no way I am eating Katherine's dust so I kept up! It was hard but once I caught my breath I was good and you know what? Despite my weekend 9 1/2 miles and my spinning prior to power hour I actually felt really good. We had to stop once for her to adjust her shoes and then we walked up a small portion of the hill...but you know now that I look back I think I could have run it...it was just a mental hill for me! We resumed running and I did not stop till we were at the Y doors. Tomorrow on my schedule are sprints..probably on the treadmill. 1/4 mile sprints for 3 miles and lifting. Wednesday is swimming, Thursday Tempo Run for 3 miles, Friday Spinning and Power Hour and then Saturday 6.5 mile and spinning, Sunday will be my day of rest.

Weight: I was down 4 pounds as of Friday. I will not weigh myself for another 2 weeks. I tend to get kinda compulsive about the scales so I am keeping it to a every other week weigh in. 21 pounds to go to make my Mini weight. I think that lugging alot of Kim around on a run is very tiring! Oh just in case anyone may think the weightloss is a "Looks" issue. It most assuredly is NOT. I just wanna be faster. I am really quite happy with the way I look and my husbands says he is as well. But I can't help but think how he would love a woman that he could scoop up in his arms...however, he has got a woman that can scoop him up in her arms......I GOTTA SAY I LOVE BEING A STRONG WOMAN. I just wanna be a STRONG FASTER WOMAN.

Phrase of the Day: "My Grandma says you are thinner then I am" God Bless Doris for saying that!!!! (It's not true but I LOVE IT). I think I am just being used as a pawn in their evil mind games with each other...ahahahahahah

3 comments:

m said...

Huh?

Anywhohow, congrats on the four pound loss. I just got the courage to get on the scale. It's easy to get crazy about that machine. Sometimes I would like to throw it out the window.

Unknown said...

Ha! Melissa is Doris's granddaughter and the one that is fatter then me.hahahhahahahahaahahah

Virginia said...

Kim, you are great!! The only time I seem to lose weight is when I get sick..not the way to do it!!