Monday, September 04, 2006

NyQuil Shots and Antihistimine High

I am recovering from my Nyquil hangover. Did you know that 2 shots of NiQuil within an hour of each other has the same effect as a nightlong drinking binge of Tequila? Not that I drink anymore those days are long gone. However, I have a pretty clear recollection of my Tequila days and I feel EXACTLY the same. Last night I slept twelve hours only waking up at 3:00 am for a dose of Fruity Pebbles and then back to sleep until 6:00 am. I think I have the sinus thing going on because I sure have felt pretty icky these last couple of days. Earlier in the week I had been sneezing like crazy and then next thing I knew my ears were plugged up...Saturday I woke up feeling not so great..ears plugged up, a raging headache, nasty nasty taste in my mouth but knew I had 6 1/2 miles to accomplish. My head was all stuffed up but I told myself to suck it up and get outside. My first 5 miles were pretty good mostly run with some walking. Then at mile 5 Icame across my friend Jill and she was doing her Saturday 3 1/2 mile walk so we ran just maybe a mile of her 3 1/2 and then walked the rest (walking up a pretty big hill that had me huffing and puffing). By the time I was done I had done about 9 miles all together (thought it was 10 but when I mapped it it was only about 9 sigh). After that I came home and got cleaned up and took my daughter to Pepe's for a most awesome Mexican meal. My mom a/k/a the slug went with us also. After that the daughter and I walked the mall in hopes of inducing her labor (did not work). The slug baled on us for that part of the outing. During the shopping trip I complained perpetually about my raging headache and hot flashes...at one point my daughter was fanning me with papers saying "Isn't is suppose to be me that feels bad and is whining" We picked up a few birthday gifts and then it was drop off daughter and go home to get my grocery list and check in with my husband so he would not report me as a missing person. Then off to the grocery store and that ended my day! So despite feeling crappy I was most active. Sunday went to church in the morning, came home went to Menards and then out to lunch with my hubby and then back home....then I truely did not feel good and that is when I hit the couch and did not move until 6:00 am this morning. So I am not feeling so great this Labor day morning but I absolutely am not taking anymore NyQuil (besides I dont' think that does diddly for sinus stuff) I have taken an antihistimine and that has me feeling jittery and hyper but yet lethargic...it is the oddest feeling...I want to clean and clean but yet I am soooo tired. So I have compromised. I have cleaned my computer room (organizing toys into big kid/little kid boxes) and am now taking a break while some dishes are soaking. Earlier I moved my oven cleaned under it, cleaned my baseboards in the kitchen and washed my kitchen curtains and half heartedly attacked the cob webs on the walls. I also have wrapped birthday gifts and baby gifts. I guess considering that I feel like someone has beat me to death I am holding up pretty good. I hope my husband does not read this because when he finds out how much I can accomplish when under the unfluence of antihistimines he may slip me a dose on a daily basis so that he can reside in clean tidy house and not the Munster's house. The poor man he suffers how he suffers. He is like....hmmmm Felix Unger and I am the nasty messy roommate Oscar. He puts everything back when he is done using it and straightens pictures and sweeps and dusts and I am totally oblivious to the messes. I mean I like things straightened up but I don't get uptight about dust. I just put the lights on dim and WAA LAA a dust free house! A little pinesol, a lit candle and we have a clean house. Well I better get back to work. This house has been long neglected and it needs to TCL

Garage: We have decided not to replace with a full size garage and are going with a very very large shed (12x15). We will then have half our slab for a patio. We are then going to put a privacy fence around our yard to block out the ghetto that is our neighborhood. (Shoes hanging from wires, graffiti up and down the alley, trash everywhere). My grandchildren will be able to play without fear and family gatherings will be nice because we will have privacy. The basket ball court will also not be accessibly to every joe blow that wants to shoot hoops. One night I went outside and there was a group of at least 10-12 kids playing on our court. They weren't even our neighborhood kids. I had never seen these kids before. They actually turned on our flood lights and were playing. I had to tell them it is 10:00 at night and we were going to bed and they would have to leave. We don't mind if some of the kids we know play but they are suppose to come up and ask first...and they are pretty good about that. For awhile we had lots of kids just coming up and playing and they would leave their trash and throw cigarette butts everywhere. Finally after constantly telling them no smoking, no cussing, pick up your trash they drifted away. I actually posted rules on the court because the kids were being just horrible. So now just a few kids come...the neighbor's kids behind us, our other neighbor's grandkids and that suits me just fine.

Adam: Kendra will be induced on Wednesday!

No comments: