Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Arising slowly from Depths of Gloom

Slowly slowly I am arising from the depths of gloom. It was swimming day today, which did nothing to improve my mood. However, what should be awaiting me there but a present...I love presents...it doesn't have to a $ present...a flower...a pretty rock....a kind word..... My gift was from my friend Rebecca. She gifted me with a pair of swimming goggles and a swimming cap. The swimming goggles helped tremendously I can see the bottom of the pool. I now don't get that panicky feeling because I can't see where I am going...when I attempt to swim. Thank you thank you Rebecca!
Updates:
Running: Accomplished 2.5 outside miles...felt pretty good..it was dark, it was wet, it was muddy...our sidewalks are crap...slow slow had to keep leaping and working my way around mud puddles and downed tree limbs...but felt pretty good. Thursday is 2 miles and then Saturday I am scheduled for 3.5 miles. After running I lifted...which I love...and I only added a teensey weensey bit more weight on just a few things. Shshhhhh don't tell my husband!

Wedding: 2 DAYS! Rehersal and dinner tomorrow night. I am surprised. My sister has not yet entered the meltdown stage. Quite remarkable for a woman of our bloodline. Usually we are in full meltdown mode a week before any event...I wonder if she is medicating???? or drinking?????Hmmmmm

YMCA: I will be volunteering for the YMCA Triathalon June. 3 If anyone else in the family would like to volunteer just give me call. You could also volunteer to supply a snack. It is an awesome event. I love watching the Athletes and as ususal I am eaten up with envy. My job is that of pointing. I "Point" the bikers at the turn. I feel sorta of like one of the models on the game show! I point so gracefully. They will also need voluteers for the Pumpkin Push (10k) and the Sleighbell Run (5k) so if you guys want to help out let me know and I will get you signed up. I won't be volunteering as I will be participating in the 10k and 5k (at least that is the goal). However, these events are not just for runners...walkers are there too. If you feel spunky sign up! You get a cool tee shirt and they FEED you snacks afterwards AND it raises money for the Y and you all know how I feel about the Y...I get that warm fuzzy feeling.

Signed:
Gloomy but looking for happiness!

No comments: