Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Grandson was Hopped Up on Frosted Flakes

My daughter had her ultra sound yesterday and without a doubt Adam is an Adam! He was also the bounciest baby you ever saw....he rolled and flipped all over the place and my daughter said the Nurse had a hard time getting his heart beat because he was bouncing all over the place. Kendra said he was overactive on account of the pure bowl of sugar she had for breakfast (Frosted Flakes). She must have washed down those frosted flakes with Jolt soda because that boy was all over the place. You could see his chubby little cheeks (on his face that is) and he has very long legs and some pretty good size feet on him. Only about 14 more weeks to go till he is here! I will try to scan his ultra sound pictures and post it. I can't wait to hold him in my arms!
Exercise: I SWAM a 1/2 of a lap....go kim! It wasn't that pretty but I actually moved! When I got to the 1/2 lap I came up sputtering because I am still learning that "take a breath" thing. I try to take a breath and all I get is a gulp of water. Believe it or not I was quite relieved to be in the water because my LEGS are tired. 4 miles on Sunday, 1 hour of spinning/45 minutes of Power Hour, and 3 miles on Tuesday makes for a very tired Kim. Soft day tomorrow...just 2 miles and lifting.
Food: Oh my how I have suffered. I was so desperate for a dessert last night, but did not want to violate my food program, that I put whipped cream on my watermelon. You can have 2 tablespoons of whipped creame for hardly any calories! Whipped Cream on Watermelon is YUCK! I ended up licking the whipped cream off the watermelon then just ate the watermelon. While I was doing this my husband was stuffing a cupcake down his throat. I felt like a lioness ready for the hunt while watching him. I was poised..I was ready to leap..when he stuck the last bite in his mouth...another delay of 2 seconds and he would have gone down. I HATE that I cannot eat cupcakes. I hate that I must be a food nazi thru the week. The quality of my food life STINKS. I want Cheese Nips, I want M&Ms I want anything but vegtables. Sigh. Nothing good to eat till the weekend. I hope I can make it because I need to get off 20 pounds by next year.

Family Event: Don't forget Grandma Sue's bday will be held in Frankfort at the Moose from 5-7 on Saturday night.

Phrase of the Day: "Kim, there are cops standing around your car" uttered by Melissa. We had some overparking issues in our lot so I could not get a spot. (The contruction workers and their gigantic trucks were taking up TWO Spots) So had to go to the next lot which I thought was all our parking and in fact the one row I was parked in was not ours. They were taking down my plate info...no doubt to give me a ticket...when Melissa called I scurried out to the lot and moved my vehicle. FYI the one "off limit" row was not marked! I thought for sure when she called and told me about the police that my poor little car was the victim of a hit and run....my legs are still shaking!

Oops back to work....gotta go earn my bread and butter (which I might add is not on the diabetic diet!)so I guess I should say gotta go earn my apples and cauliflower.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Three cheers for Adam...does he have a middle name yet??