Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Dinner

Yesterday was a day of fun for the Mother's Day Dinner. We had a full house! Since the weather was not great we had a cook in. Beef stew in one crockpot, chili in another. We had garlic Chedder Biscuits, Salad, Cheese Ball, Cheese and Crackers. Dessert was my Mom's homemade Peanut Butter Pie (very yummy, very rich!) and my "store bought" Coconut Cream Pie. My sister made a special request for No Bake Cookies so I whipped her up a batch! We played Bingo (for prizes). Then wooooo hooooo POKER! Guess who was the Poker Champ! None other then yours truely. HA pushed my son out because I made a "Big Bet" and because I routinely (at 9:00 pm) go all in because I am tired and want out....he seemed to ASSUME that this was the case.....However this time, while I was tired, and I might have said "I am tired I just want to get this game over with" I just HAPPENED to be in possession of TRIPS. HA HA GOODBY JAMIE! I think I have room for your chips over here. Irritated my sister because she says, "How do you play with a person like that" I told her when it is getting close to my bedtime my playing becomes Erratic. You never know whether I have a good hand or I am just wanting out of the game. She says I am stupid. I say I am sly like a fox. Either way I WON! Happy Happy Dance by Kim. You gotta see the Happy Dance....invented by Aunt Suzie (a/k/a Aunt Snoozy). I bet your wondering why Aunt Suzie is a/k/a Aunt Snoozy. So now I will give you a run down of a few family nicknames and how they came about.

Aunt Snoozy (a/k/a Aunt Suzie): She worked 3rd shift for a long time and would sleep during the day. Her neices (Kendra and Amanda) were young and really did not understand the whole work all night sleep during the day thing. They just thought Aunt Suzie slept alot. Hence the name Aunt Snoozy.

Aunt Hee Hee (a/k/a Aunt Denise) My kids could not say Denise so the best they could do was Aunt Hee Hee. When she use to pick them up they would run to her car saying "To the HEE HEE MOBILE!"

The Slug (a/k/a my mother Janice): Given for lack of desire to MOVE anything except for the leg movement it takes to get her rocking chair going!

Rat Boy (a/k/a my son James): He LOVED cheese! He also likes to refer to himself as BIG DADDY!

Big Mamma Jo/Big Mamma Shakalaka (a/k/a Me): Given by my Son James. I think he might have been referring to my generously proportioned body. I think the Shakalaka sounds almost Shakira like so I just pretend that it means I am a Hot Chick that just happens to be a Mother...its a stretch but I almost have myself convinced.

Kookie Lukie: Poor Lucas just got his nickname because it rhymes and sounds cute!

The Princess (a/k/a Kendra): Given by her father. After years of being called the Princess she has come to believe that she ACTUALLY is a princess!

Buddy Brad (a/k/a Brad): Given by his father upon his entrance in the world. He held our newly born son and said "Hey Buddy Brad" And that is what we called him for years! Another nickname for Brad is Braddy: given by Tyson. Braddy is a cross between Daddy and Brad. Cool nickname!

EXERCISE UPDATE: Thanks to J-Lo, Missy Elliott, Gwen Steffani, Black Eyed Peas, Blue Cantrell and Rhianna for getting me thru my 4 MILE run! A special Thank You to ELO for helping me bring it home! First mile/I think I am dying Second Mile/I'll never make it the whole 4 miles Third Mile/Okay Feeling a Little Better Fourth Mile/Baby I am on fire! I can go forever! I guess its hard to tell but I succesfully made my 4 mile run. Forgot to look at the time when I left but it felt like good time! So my weekly goal was ACHIEVED.

FOOD: Awesome all week! Could have been a little better this weekend but much improved!

No comments: