Thursday, May 11, 2006

HOG JOG

Now how could I not sign up for a run called the "Hog Jog"? So tomorrow I will sign up. Really I am just doing it because I want a tee shirt that says Hog Jog! They have a 10k and a 2 mile. I am not quite ready for a 10k so will do the 2 mile and just run to get a better mile time then I had for the 5k. I will have to go out there and do a warm up mile because my first mile is always my worst! So I will warm up for a mile and then maybe I can try for two consistent 11.5 minute miles. HOG JOG...hahahaha I have been laughing about that all day. When my son was in high school and played football he was lineman and they gave him a shirt that said "Hug a Hog". He offered that shirt to me few years ago and I might add 120 pounds ago, which I declined to wear. How horrifing I thought it was to have a fat fat woman wearing a shirt that said "Hug a Hog". NOW I am purposely signing up for an activity to get a HOG SHIRT.
I have almost totally committed to running the Mini next May. I went to sign up today and then got scared and exited out! But this weekend I am going to committ and sign up...then I know I will show up because I hate to waste money and it costs $45.00. I have already asked for the Friday off so I can go to Indy to pick up my race packet. One of the guys from the Y says he will run it too. He says we can share an oxygen tank! He should be about my pace so I will have someone there. I hear they segregate the peopled based on their goal/mile/time. I will be in the "Please let me Finish" Group.

Goal Accomplished today: Short run day 2 miles in 23.12 minutes. My first mile was slow then I had to really pick up the speed on the second mile to make up for the first mile. Did 2 chin ups then rested did 2 more...on my way to doing 5 consecutive chin up. Lifting session was awesome. My back is getting strong strong strong. Tomorrow...tra la la la SPINNING and POWER HOUR...wooooooo hooooo love to spin....love to power hour....

FOOD: I have discovered the joys of spinach salad. Yummy! Spinach, red onions, fresh mushrooms, a few bacon bits and some lowfat Vidalia Onion dressing....mmmm I have had one everyday this week, along with my usually boring lowcarb, low fat, turkey sandwich with mustard (BLAH!), and my big yellow delicious apples. I also had some pretzels with lunch this week because I have been hungry for crunchy stuff. I have been a GOOD GIRL all week! Tonight I made my husband chocolate chip cookies and nary a cookie crossed my lips. A+++++ for Kim's discipline.

Upcoming Family Events: Due to the weather the Saturday cookout will become a Saturday cookin!!!!! Who knows what will be served but I promise you there will be food! Don't forget to bring your poker faces! Kendra will be moving in June and we would greatly appreciate any and all family members that could help! Grandma Mae will be coming in to town June 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13th. She will be leaving on the 14th. I will keep you posted on family gatherings just as soon as the planning committe (Denise...hahahaha) has completed Mae's schedule. Kendra's baby shower it tentatively set for the first Saturday in July.

3 comments:

The Slug said...

You forgot to tell me about the run.
Who puts it on and where at?????

Unknown said...

Hog Jog www.hogjog.com. Jeff just told me about it yesterday. I wish they would start the runs early like 6:00 am. At least this one starts pretty early!

Unknown said...

I would likely run faster if I had wild piggies chasing after me!