Saturday, May 27, 2006

Aunt Denise Flees Town

Aunt Denise has fled Lafayette without being hindered by her young. Amber went to spend the weekend with a friend. Abby was being cared for first by James and Tasha and then to be handed off to Amanda for the rest of the weekend. HAVE FUN DENISE you deserve it after a hectic year of wedding planning! Denise went to the Taste of Cincinnati...the mecca of all fun for family. We love places where you can get multiple types of food in one vicinity and having music thrown into that WOW.

James and Tasha brought Abby over to my house where she ran in and gave me and oh so gentle hug because she knew I was "sick". She got to eat pizza, play with her dolls, skate and play with bubbles. The whole time she was just chatting away and several times mentioned that "Baby Adam Flickard" was going to come to her house when he was born and "Baby Adam Flickard" was going to get to play with her toys and she was going to be nice to him and not take toys away from him. Evidently ripping toys away from other children is a favorite pasttime of my niece. She was so funny I could hardly stop laughing which of course made my mouth hurt!
Abby likes to sing, play with dolls and eat cheese. Her current movie fascination seems to the "The Grinch". She is a very bright girl! She also took a bath at my house and put her pajamas on. Abby LOVES to take baths. See the phrase of the day for Abby's bathtime.

Phrase of the Day: "Hey you are not suppose to pee in the bathtub" Spoken by Me. Response by Abby"I am sorry".
I forgot that warm water sort of relaxes the bladder of the young (and the old too I suppose). At any rate Aunt Kim was at fault for not making her pee first. (I thought it was hilarious but put on my most sober face so that I could impress into her little mind the good hygiene thing.)

Jamie and his Dad are going target shooting today. My boys and their guns! They are going to make breakfast first then head off to the country. I am going to stay home, straighten up my house and then perhaps hit a few yard sales. Boring day...maybe I will go see the new Xmen movie. I dearly love superhero movies. When I was little I use to pretend I was Wonder Woman. Before Wonder Woman came on tv I would watch I dream of Jeannie and Bewitch and yes I pretended to be them as well. Matter of fact I had a pair of pajamas that made me feel like the real "Jeannie" As an adult I have progressed from the need to wear costumes to merely carrying a "Wonder Woman" keychain. Though If I had the clevage of Wonder Woman I might be tempted to get me a "Wonder Woman" outfit to workout in. Alas I do not and my workout clothes consist of Men's gym shorts and baggy tee shirts. Which leads me into a story. Last week I had come in from a run (in my usual attire), when my daughter spots like three itty bitty holes in the back of my favorite workout teeshirt. She remarks on them and I advise that they were my airvents(made by adding too much bleach to my whites I might add). My husband then notices them and states that I look like a hobo running around town in my raggy teeshirts. He then RIPS MY SHIRT and made my itty bitty air vents the size of half dollars! He says there now you can't wear it anymore. I told him it all good he just made my airvents bigger. He then RIPS IT COMPLETELY DOWN the back. I told him now everyone would see my bra. He just glared at me. He does not think I am funny. My shirt is in the trash. I now don't have a favorite workout shirt.
Okay have rambled long enough. Must clean my house!

No comments: