Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wedding Review

My sister pulled it off! It was an awesome wedding. The bride was beautiful as were the maids of honors and the flower girl. The groom was handsome as were all the men in the wedding party! Boy are family sure cleans up good! The ceremony was beautiful and the memory candles were an awesome touch. My sister had a memory candle made for our loved ones that are no longer with us. My father, My other father and the Groom's mother. My sister sang a song to her daughter as she gave her daughter in marriage to Roger. That took ALOT of courage on my sister's part and just shows the depth of her love for her daughter.
Phrase of the Day goes to my grandson Tyson (the ringer bearer). "Abby (the flower girl) is wearing a dress and she looks beautiful. She is wearing a dress just like Amanda (the bride)."

The reception was fantastic...good food good cake lots of laughter! The tables looked lovely! My sister was very creative with her centerpieces. They had a DJ and my grandson Tyson was channeling John Travolta as he showed us some awesome moves on the dance floor. He did the Chicken Dance and the Cha Cha...oh and the Hockey Pockey and a little slow dancing with his momma. My neice Amber was up there showing us some good moves also. Amber looked beautiful and quite grown up. I did not know she was so full of the "Boogie Fever". Amber you should wear your hair in French Braids more often. You looked fantastic! My children and their spouses looked awesome all cleaned up in their Sunday Best! My grandson looked so handsome in his little Tux and my husband in his tux...WOW. My granddaughter was in attendance and I don't think her little butt hit her seat one time! It was pass the baby time! Who could help it...she is adorable!

The next day since Grandma Mae was in town for the wedding we went to a movie and then had a dinner in the evening. The Bride had to miss that party as she was on her honeymoon but I ate a little extra in her honor! We had a great time...played some games...of course had to play a little Texas Hold Em. The cards were not good to me! My grandson Tyson talked me into getting on the trampoline....that is not something I really enjoyed but he thought it was great that I was up there with him. After dinner he wanted me to go again and I told him I just ate and would likely throw up and it might get on him....He said that was okay....I passed anyway. My sister needs to get one of those trampoline cages because I was a nervous wreck watching the kids bounce I expected one of them to just bounce right off and land on the ground.

All in all a fun, laughter, food filled weekend! Thanks Denise you did a great job....maybe you should give up the 401K analyist thing and become a wedding planner!

No comments: