Sunday, May 21, 2006

"Flickard"

That is what my 3 year old niece calls my soon to be born grandson. She cannot pronounce the word "Richard". So when you ask her what Kendra's baby's name is she replies "Baby Adam Flickard". It was so funny that I asked her what the baby's name was like 100 times.

KUDOS TO: Jamie and Tasha for finding a crib set at a yard sale for $125.00. It had not even been used because the parents said their baby likes to sleep with them. So we got crib, mattress, changing table and dresser! Good Job!

Grandma Sue: Went to Grandma Sue's birthday party (She is my stepmother but we all just call her Grandma Sue because that is what the kids call her). Had dinner at the Moose in Frankfort (or as our family calls it Frantucky)...talk about stepping back in time. When I walked into the building I felt like I had been transported back to the 60's and 70's. I ordered steak, baked potato, greenbeans and garlic bread. The greenbeans were delicious. I was shoveling them down my throat as fast as I could..thinking yum yum. When I got to the bottom of the bowl I discovered about a 1/2 inch of some buttery greasy sludge. No wonder I liked them they had been cooked with a diet killing, cholesteral busting mix of butter and bacon grease. Those greenbeans were more deadly then the cake and ice cream.

Running: Thought I better run on Saturday to prepare for the Hog Jog which is on a Saturday at 8:00. I set my run later (at 8:00). I hate to run after 7:00 a.m! So off I set at 8:00. Though it was actually 8:15 before I started running because first my shoes laces were to loose, then they were too tight, then my ankle brace felt funny so I had to adjust it, then I noticed my batteries in my MP3 player were getting low. So I had to go back in the house for new batteries. Then I decided my shoe laces were too loose. Got my shoelace situation under control, at least I thought so, and decided I probably should get a drink of water. So at long last my ran began about 8:15. There was traffic and car exhaust. The sun was out and made me feel hot. My shoes STILL did not feel right. It felt like the shoelaces were so tight they were making my feet numb. So I knew this was gonna be a doomed run. I could never seem to catch my breath. My music was not right. It was either too fast or to slow. I made it to the 2 miles and then another 1/4 mile. Then my legs just stopped. Just like that (SNAP)! So walked for about 2 minutes then started running again...another 1/4 mile and IT DID IT AGAIN! Walked for 2 minutes. Decided to punish myself my doing a few sprints. My traitorous body will suffer for its rebellion. My legs shut down again! So finally I got back in the groove and finished the run. As further punishment I made myself sprint around the block then run up and down our little alley hill like 5 times. One of our neighbor hood drunks/displaced person was sitting beside the dumpster at the Village Pantry watching me run up and down the little hill. He probably thinks sober people are crazy. The rest of the day my body was so sore! It has not been this sore in a long long time. I think I had several factors going on...one I did not get a day of rest before my long run. Thursdays and Fridays are pretty hard days! We also had a sub instructor for Friday Power Hour. Having a different instructor does make a difference. The instructor may not be "harder" but they do different exercises that your body is not use to. I also forgot to stretch after my run so my tendon in the bottom of my foot throbbed. So yesterday I was grunting and groaning everytime I did anything!. In addition I took down a set of shelves that my husband has put up in the laundry room. When my honey puts something up it is put up to last. I don't think a tornado could blow his wall shelves over!

Well time to get ready for church! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Just maybe Adam needs two or three middle names ..like Richard Charles Lee (or whatever some of the other Grandpa names are!!) Gotta keep everyone happy!!! Now I expect if someone ever has a girl that ....just kidding!! Love to ALL..and may PEACE reign supreme!!