Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Out of the Depths and Into the Sun

I think I can safely say that the blues have been put away for awhile! At least I hope so! Last week I accomplished my workout goals for the week with a bonus 1/2 mile on Sunday. Monday's workout was HARD. I was tired from the weekend and I ate too much over the weekend. My belly was flopping all around and my legs felt like lead when I was trying to spin. Today's run...not so bad...hard...I sweat like crazy but managed the 2.5 miles. I think it was hard because I did a run on Sunday and then did Spinning and Power Hour on Monday so my legs were all burnt out. I also have determined what you eat makes a HUGE difference in your workout! Thursday is 2 miles and Saturday.....4MILES...can she do it? YES SHE CAN!
Updates:
Abby: Went to have ice cream with my neice Abby. We are eating our ice cream and she looks over at me and says "Kimmie I love you!" Talk about melting my heart.
Mother's Day: Mother's Day is fast approching. Children it is not necessary to buy me anything...having you is a gift enough! We will be having a cookout on Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. Hotdogs/Brats, Chips, Watermelon, Deviled Egg, Dessert. Each family should bring a 2 liter of soft drink and if you would like bring a covered dish (and yes, for you comedians, it must have food in it!) We will be playing Euchre, Scrabble, Texas Hold Em and Baggo. We will get Jerry to build a fire and we can do SMORES! ymmmmm.
Surgery: The first bone grafting (on the right side) is scheduled for May 26...shiver..shiver... I know it is on Memorial Day weekend and think that is good for two reasons 1) Will only have to use one sick day and will still have 3 days to recover, 2) Will not mess with my training schedule. I can do my weekend run on Wed before I swim. What a brilliant mind I have! I will be working out Friday because I scheduled my surgery for 10:00 so I can get my workout in first!!! How DEDICATED am I???
Phrase of the Day: "Open wide....this might hurt just a little" Guess where I was at this morning? And it actually hurt quite a bit!

TIDBIT OF KNOWLEDGE: Do not try to drink out of a straw when your mouth has been numbed. It does not work.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Kim, if your kids don't buy you anything I'm going to kick their asses.

Unknown said...

Hahahaha maybe you should have put if your kids don't buy you a new car then...... Happy Mother's Day to you! I think Doug should take Cole and Harper shopping at Zales for your mother's day gift!