Sunday, April 09, 2006

FOLGERS AIN'T GONNA CUT IT

Arose this morning at 6:00 a.m. so I must have been tired. It seems like I was on the go all day yesterday. First of all I was up way to late Friday night. I think it was midnight before I got to bed and then I was up by 5:00 a.m (which is still oversleeping for me...I usually get up at 4:30 a.m.). As I write I have a cup of coffee next to me. I was out of the good stuff and so Folgers it is. Once you have real coffee drinking the supermarket stuff is like drinking carmal water. The first time I had my first real cup of coffee (from the little coffee shop next door to my office) I felt like I could push my car home! Oh my how I ramble...back to yesterday's agenda.

Started off at 5:00 am by deciding not to exercise and sort of straighten up the house.....really it needs far more then straightened but that about all I was interest in doing.

At 8:10 a.m. out the door and heading to Ty's Pinewood Derby race that started at 8:30 am.. There were lots of cool Pinewood Derby cars there. Tyson was so excited. Boy did it bring back memories of my days with the boys and their Pinewood Derby cars. Event attended by: His Mom, His Braddie (my son Brad), his baby sister Carissa, Ty's Grandma Debbie, Grandma Kim and Grandpa Jerry.

By around 9:45 out the door and on my way to pick up Kendra so we could hit a couple of yard sales before our noon Memorial/Lunch at Arni's Pizza. We found NO awesome deals at yardsales found one measly crib sheet, one itty bitty baby doll to put in my toybox and 2 mystery books. At the last yard sale we went to there was what appeared to be a nice elderly Grandmother with her middle aged daughter. They and I were both looking at a Barbie trike that was marked $5.00. I kept thinking "Yeah I would snatch that up for $3.00 but I don't really want to spend $5.00". Then I heard the daughter say to her mother, "Do you want to get that bike for $5.00" The nice grandmotherly woman replied, "I guess...if you think we would flip it for $7 bucks or so." They were yard sale sharks...the people that the true yard salers fear! What are yard sale sharks...well they are the people that go around and buy all all the baby stuff/kid stuff and then resell it resale shops. They can be spotted by: they will usually grab the stuff up in a huge pile, they don't dicker about the price(which means they think it very flippable),they usually don't have a kid or pregnant woman in tow, and they have that hungry predatory look. It is kinda of annoying because people like myself want to buy it and USE it. On the other hand the sharks are just trying to make a living. You have to get up early to beat the sharks because once the sharks are out they devour all the good baby/kid stuff.

At 11:40 we were on our way to Arni's for the lunch memorial for the two Grandpas/Fathers.
Attended by: Myself, Kendra, James, Tasha, Grandma Janice (my mom), Grandma Sue(my other mother), Aunt Susie (my sister, this was her idea! Thanks Susie!), Grandma Casey(My Grandmother), Aunt Carol, Uncle Floyd, Aunt Connie, Cousin Dale, Amanda (my neice), Aunt Denise, Dan, Amanda, Abby (my nieces), Roger and attended by telephone Grandma Mae(my other mother). Aunt Connie read a book she wrote about "Her Brother Chuck" and gave us a copy....Beautiful! Aunt Susie read a song that touched her and reminded her of Dad. I read a letter written by Grandma Mae. We then shared some pictures we had brought from home. Ended the lunch by releasing balloons.

After that off to an appointment to look at a crib. Then met Kendra's husband at Once Upon a Child ( a consignment shop, for those of us from the old school ....Thrift Shop....but with way nicer stuff). Bought a portable swing and a sports bear crib set, and cute Bazoka Joe onesie.

Out the store...back in another store...quick stop in the grocery to pick up my Easter ham before the ran out.

Back in the car...run Kim run...to Aunt Denise house to visit a little longer.

Then Home again Home again Jiggity Jig.

Decided I did not feel like cooking dinner and my husband was having a frozen pizza (because I am a bad non cooking wife on the weekend). I did not want frozen pizza as I had at mass quantities of pizza for lunch and then had pie at my sisters. Sat around decided yes I need to have SOMETHING for dinner. So started to eat frozen cookie dough (which I had to microwave because it bent my metal spoon) Ate few spoons. Decided I would not be able to run on Sunday morning if all I ate for dinner was cookie dought so wandered around in the kitchen looking in cubboards and fridge. Contemplated having a Slim Jim (on account of protein?) decided bad choice...finally settled on bowl of oatmeal with walnuts and raisens. BLAH but healthy.

Finally collapsed into bed at 9:30 and did not wake up till 6:00 which brings us back to today. I have spent all this time rambling about my day which probably no one cares about and the people that would care were there with me anyway. Oh well since there is no one to talk to this early might as well write! It's just like talking and boy do I like to talk.

Better get out the door it is almost 7:15 which means I have an hour to run and then have to get ready for church.

I will post pictures from my day later...maybe today...maybe not.... Going to Church, grocery store and then Kendra and Lucas are coming over tonight...but I will get them posted.

Think fast and strong thoughts for me while I attempt to run!
Kim

No comments: