Thursday, April 27, 2006

New Training Schedule and FAMILY NEWS

I am ready to train for the 10k in October. Here is the first part of my training. When I complete this series I will move to an intermediate series. My workout schedule will stay the same for Monday, Wed, Friday: Spinning/Power Hour, Swimming, Spinning/Power Hour. I will still lift on Tuesday and Thursdays mornings. The running schedule will be as follows:
Week 1: Tuesday 2.5m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 3/m (This week)
2: Tuesday 2.5m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 3.5m
3: Tuesday 2.5m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 4m
4. Tuesday 3m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 4m
5. Tuesday 3m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 4.5m
6. Tuesday 3m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 5m
7. Tuesday 3m, Thrusday 2m, Sunday 5.5m
8. Tuesday 3m, Thursday 2m, Sunday 6m

This new training schedule is suppose to be a gradual increase in milage (.5) per week. This is suppose to help reduce the likelyhood of injuries. After I get this series done then its moving onto the next level! At some point if I do not feel ready to move on I can repeat weeks. Since I have lots of time till the 10k I can train slow and steady. However, the 10k route is VERY hilly so I am going to HAVE to work some hills in. I don't do well with hills...come to think of it I don't do so hot on flat land either. So far so good with my foot. It is feeling stronger and stronger. Though it still doesn't feel entirely right...but darn close.

Okay on to family news:

Daughter/Son in Law/Grandson: She had her prenatal checkup and Baby Adam is doing great. She has an ultrasound scheduled for next week. They have also had the offer accepted on the house and hopefully will be moving in June...well before Adam is to make his arrival. Its a really nice house and I know they will be very happy in it.

Mother: Recoving well from her surgery. Hope she is up and about soon!

Niece/Nephew in Law: Amanda and Roger are getting baptised this Sunday. Congratulations! Wedding countdown: 8 DAYS. I noticed today that my neice Amber has become a vegatarian....eat Protein girl...not so much peanut butter though...that makes Groleau woman expand!!!!

Food: WE GOT MUSHROOMS....yummy........ Please be proud of me I passed on not one but two requests for lunch dates....because I am strong...because I am good...because I gotta run the mini next year and must abide by my only one lunch out during the week per everyother month rule.

CAR: i cleaned out the moving trash bin that is also my car. I swept up graham cracker crumbs. I threw away Altoid Tins, empty water bottles, stryofoam coffee cups and even old newspapers (yard sale ads). You can now see my floorboards and my seats. My other car was disgusting and when I bought this Saturn I made a bet with my son that I could keep my car clean for a year. I made it and then the day after the year was up...I quit being neat and tidy. I did notice I had an odd assortment of stuff in my trunk: 1 pair of rollar blades, 3 bags of sidewalk melt, one mini portable grill in a box (no charcoal though), 1 stadium cushion, and umbrella, a fold up seat with an attached umbrella, a bag containing gloves, a book, and some papers that at some point I must have thought important enough to put in the bag, and 4 (yes 4) ice scrapers.

Home Improvement: Guess what my back room is not empty! I hate home improvement. I must finish the emptying process this weekend. I think I should just move to a new house.

Okay very hungry must eat dinner. I am very delayed on my meal as I stopped by my mother's to make sure she was doing okay and also stopped at my sister's to drop off the festival cart..She was eating dinner.....so hungry...fried chicken...wanted to rip it out of her hands...but had my doubts on whether I could take her....the woman in our family are freakishly strong and our powers are magnified when we are defending our food. I know I could probably take down Hulk Hogan for a cookie....

No comments: