Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I HAVE A SATURN IN MY MOUTH

I went to the periodontal doctor yesterday and he says it going to cost about $6500 for the oral surgery. That is the same price I paid for my car! I am not happy! I guess it costs so much because it involves bone grafting and other unpleasant procedures. Should I invest that much or just continue to see my family dentist and prolong things as long as I can. The problem of course is bone loss. My teeth actually have no cavaties whatsoever! But if I continue the bone will continue to deteriorate...shudder.... and then eventually over a period of time I will have nothing to hold my pearlie whites in place and then ...you guessed it...George Washingtons. I want the surgery...my spouse says no just hold out...my sister who has her own teeth problems is getting ready to drop $6000 in her mouth, her boss says each tooth is like a precious diamond. I tend to think like my sister's boss...I like my diamonds and they are in pretty good shape...its is just the ring itself that needs help. Would you throw away a whole diamond because the ring was bent or something...no you would have it reset! So what do you think? However, I can't keep thinking that $6,500 is alot of money! We don't have dental so this is going to be out of pocket money. We are not wealthy people but we do okay. I will have to juggle some things around by could probably come up with 1/2 of the cash now and then maybe if the it is possible do the other side of my mouth at the end of the year. So Fix or wait?
Boy I thought when I had the other dental work done that I would be done for a while but noooooo. My darn diabetic mouth. Okay I am sick of thinking about my mouth...it consumed me yesterday and put me in the worse mood ever! On to more pleasant topics.

Exercise: Sunday did 4 miles NOT successfully. Had to walk/run the entire route. It took about 50 minutes. I don't know what was wrong with me. Had no energy, could not control my breathing, my mind would not empty so I could enjoy it. For me part of this process is mental..If I can't get my brain to turn off I don't enjoy it...if I can turn "off" my brain then my enjoyability factor is tremendous. So my brain was "On", my muscles would not relax, my lungs would not expand, all in all it was 50 minutes of torture. Monday was much better. It was spinning and power hour. Yesterday pretty good. I did not get to work out as long because I had an 8:00 appointment and I did not even get to the Y until 5:15 and then have to go to the locker room, put my gear away...etc... Did 30 minutes on the treadmill. Got 2 miles in 26 minutes, which means my foot is holding its own. The last 10 minutes were spent doing sprints on the treadmill. Lifted which went well. Today is swimming. BLAH to swimming. The ONLY reason I continue to swim is that I hate it so much. That sounded odd didn't it? But my logic behind that statement is that by doing something I hate I teach my self discipline. AHH now it makes sense doesn't it?

Home Projects: My laundry room is still not empty. I just look at it and get overwhelmed. I am going to come home on my lunch break the rest of the week and spend 10 minutes each day getting that room cleared out. I need to get it emptied so we can start the remodeling process. I HATE HOME PROJECTS probably even MORE then swimming.

Weekend Plans: Attn: ALL Family Members: The Easter Egg hunt is at 4:00 this Saturday. Thought I am going to say come over at 3:30 and then we will color easter eggs first. The meal will be CrockpotTurkey and Dressing, Green Bean Cassarole, Maybe some Apple Salad, and Blueberry Cream Cake for Dessert. Attn: Brad, Natalie, James, Tasha, Kendra and Lucas we will have a dinner after church on Sunday...around 1:00. Ham, Scalloped Potatos, Corn, Broccoli, yeast rolls and Apple Pie for Dessert. Kendra don't forget we are going to do yard sales Saturday morning. I will be at your house around 7:00 am.

Okay it is time to pack up my bag and get my rear to the Y to swim....what a way to start my day. I hope it is not all down hill from there.

P.S. I have the Blues today! I must pick myself up!!! I wanted cookies yesterday to console myself but ended up eating peanut butter and crackers. Peanut Butter and Crackers do not heal the blues. Chocolate Chip Cookies heal the blues.

No comments: