Friday, April 07, 2006

Illusions of Self Importance

I do not know why but for the last couple of weeks I have been just thinking "Kim your awesome, Kim your great" My HEAD is HUGE! Why you ask...I just don't know...It's just been feel good about Kim weeks. I don't really have anything to be all pumped up about. Haven't lost anymore weight, can't do a 10 minute mile or a even a 12 for that matter, don't look all that hot and have not even come up with a cure for the common cold. So what's up with my ego???? Perhaps my mood/ego can be attributable to the mix of exercise. I think the spinning/power hour class sends my endorphin levels to an all time high and are likely converting into egodorphins which is causing the major head swellage. Is anyone else suffering from this odd condition?
Update:
Niece: Abby came over to see Aunt Kim last night. She was quite happy to see that I had two new Barbies for the toybox Abby says "I LOVE them". She is a very intelligent girl. Right now she seems to be interested in Hot Air Ballons (why we don't know). The other day she was in the car with her mother and Abby was drawing on her Magna Doodle. Her mother asked her "What are you drawing" Abby (who is 3) replied, "I am drawing a Hot Air Ballon. Hot Air Balloons can be tricky to draw". Abby is a loud and boisterous girl and is going to turn out to be a loud and boisterous woman (just like all the woman in our family).

Weekend Plans: We are having a lunch in honor of our father and other father. Chuck and Richard. We miss them both very much! Most of all I miss the laughter because they both had awesome senses of humor. Special Memories:
Dad/Beating him at scrabble the very first time. Because he never just let us win and when I won...I really won, hearing him laugh when I would tell him about, what I thought, were offensive remarks made by my husband...he would laugh and say "That's my boy". Teaching us to play poker and gamble with things like nuts and candy instead of poker chips. Dad's face when he was cracking up with laughter when Baby Susan quit (he ran a restaraunt and he evidently enraged her***side note*** in our family we are ALWAYS enraging each other) and she threw her apron at him yelled, "I am quitting!" walked out then turned around grabbed a container and said, " And I am taking my breakfast to go" His face was bright red he was laughing so hard he was doubled over and tears were streaming down his face. (Susan returned to work the next morning). I don't think I ever have seen him laugh so hard...except for maybe when he would tell the Mae/purse story!
Grandpa Richard/Hearing him say "Oh Boy". and then Driving up to Pine Village and seeing him riding on his lawn mower and watching him wave to us as we pulled into the drive. Hearing him ask for weeks and weeks everytime I went out there"Did you bring me Burger King?" I would says "No No No Burger King for you!" Then as usually when I went out there he said, "Did you bring me Burger King?" and ta da from behind my back I pulled out a bag of Burger King. He says "OH BOY!" and his eyes lit up and a huge smile crossed his face. Watching him smack the horse with the shovel (don't worry animals lovers it was on the rump and not so very hard) and my favorite story when I was right and he was WRONG WRONG WRONG about the halter for the horse and even when I was RIGHT he refused to cave and admit my absolutely rightness. He would just laugh and NOT admit my RIGHTNESS and would just shake his head!
Many many more stories those are just ones that popped into my mind today.
Oops time to go back to work.

No comments: