Sunday, April 30, 2006

I WILL NOT HAVE TO WEAR GYM SHORTS

I did it! I did it! I found dress for the wedding! In fact I found three dresses and a pair of shoes and a watch and some earrings. We went to store called Goodies and I found a nice blue long dress. In fact my daughter said it made me "look so thin". How could I walk away from a dress like that. So I checked the tag and winced....$79. I do not like to pay that much for an article of clothing unless it is in the form of a running shoe. But after realizing the wedding was NEXT friday and with the knowledge that it "made me look thin" I was like "what the heck" and dutiful bought the dress. Big surprise...when the girl rung it up it rung up at $30! Then we went to another store and I found another dress that would actually look nicer because then I would match with my husband who is in the wedding party and it was on sale for $30.00! Then my sister found another dress for me to try on and I looked at it and said "yuck". She said "Shut up and try it on anyway to see how it looks" I tried it on...thought it looked okay. Went out to be inspected by daughter, sister, neice...they gasped "OH my gosh you look great...you look so skinny" Okay when you have people staring with their mouth open and uttering the word "skinny" I would not have cared if that dress was $100.00. It was mine....and yes yes it rung up as $30.00! I almost fainted from joy. I then got the shopping fever and finished up my trip with a pair of low heel sandals, 2 pairs of earrings, one earring/necklace set and a watch. I was like a junkie...I needed more and more. Only stopped shopping because my daughter and niece were complaining like old ladies...they were tired, they were hungry, their feet hurt. 40 year old woman out shopped the two 20 year olds. Go Middle Aged Women Go!
P.S. I found an awesome pair of black heels that I was vehemently told by my three shopping partners "NO NO NO you do not look like a nice woman in those shoes" (words slightly cleaned up for public reading) I sighed..I wanted them...I remembered the coat incident (see previous post/coat/man/Las Vegas) and put them back. Have a great day!

No comments: