Saturday, April 29, 2006

Me and My Baby


Me and my baby! This picture was taken in our basement. Note the gigantic scene behind me. For some reason we thought that decorating scheme was awesome. Also note the lovely burnt orange couch. We were very poor and most of our furniture was found on "Trash Day". We had a giant Telephone Spool in our living room for a coffee table. Our upstair furniture was that big wooden burlap looking furniture. We had crates for shelves and our kitchen table was a card table and chairs. I would lovingly make Tuna Cassarole for my spouse and set our "Table" for dinner. Poor guy ate lots of Tuna Cassarole because that was one of the few things I could cook. (I cook now though!) We had an old wringer washer to use and then I would hang our stuff out to dry...I still remember how stiff our clothes were from sun drying. My kids have started their adult lives MUCH MUCH better then their father and I did.
Random Memory: We bought our first TV at Kmart and had to bring it home on the city bus because we did not have a car. The TV was very heavy and we had to carry it from the bus stop to our house (which was several blocks). We were soooo excited when we plugged it in even if we only got like 2 channels. We've come along way baby!

1 comment:

The Slug said...

Now that's a cool idea !!!